BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Dainese Airbag suits now offered for street riders ...

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Grendel 
#1 ·
Yup - for a paltry $3,999.00 to $4,999.00 (depending on fit and mods) ... you too can ride in the secure envelope of having many years of gp racing safety technology draped around your neck, cause the Dainese D-Air Racing leathers are now being availed for the public.

the dang suits have a CPU stashed in the speed-hump, for processing GPS measured momentum inputs/algorithms ... to determine wether you are simply turning in real fast, or falling off ...

Cool gak!

#7 ·
Actually, the D|air Racing products have been available in Europe since last year.

The recent news is that the D|air Street products will be available in Europe in late May. There is an electronics kit that is mounted on the bike which consists of bar-mounted control unit & fork-mounted accelerometers & under-seat lean-angle sensors (approx. $600). That is paired with either a vest (approx. $1000) or a GoreTex jacket (approx. $2000).

North American release / pricing is unknown (my estimates above are based on UK pricing) -- apparently a main holdup is US certification standards.

They've been developing this product since 2000, and it is cool to see it finally coming out!

---------------------------------

I've been to the D.store Orange County and it is excellent - lots of product, excellent sales staff, they'll ship orders to Vancouver and they host MotoGP racing parties on race day! :) I haven't been to the D.store SF yet, but a buddy of mine says it is even better than the OC one.

#11 ·
Kinda - except the Hit Air has a lanyard attached to the bike (like a SeaDoo/JetSki) and this uses very sophisticated electronics.

Motor vehicle White Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.