Hipster motorcycle riders...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hipster motorcycle riders...

Registered User X1S1 is on a distinguished road X1S1's Avatar
    Bike
    Buell 99X1, 97S1

Hipster motorcycle riders...

So I am seeing allot of hipster fools on the roads on their 1970 ish Rat/cafe racer P.O.S machines wearing their metal flake 3/4 helmets, rayban sunglasses, jean jackets and converse high tops puting around thinking they look Fonzie cool.
    yesterday and today I was cut off on my bike by one of these fools. no turn signal or hand signal. had no idea how to ride on a road. Now i ride like an asshole but these guys are just downright dangerous. Another one tried to pass me on the hiway and he went into a scary tank slapper as he passed me... WTF people.. learn to ride first. then build your piece of shit 1970 rat bike...
    end of rant...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Wanderer of the Wastes DNAspark99 will become famous soon enough DNAspark99 will become famous soon enough DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    I personally know a cluster of these fools. And it's just that - waaaaaaaaaaaay more time into sculpting their 'rides' out of rusty, bent trash that they find in the dumps and fleamarkets than actual riding time, no concern for 'modern improvements', just so long as it looks hipster-cool.

Yea, I don't ride with them. Too slow, too eratic, too heatscore, and the open-face-metalflake helmets with all-but-rotted out foam liners are apparently mandatory.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User glib is on a distinguished road glib's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking...
    Saw a whole army of them coming back from the sunshine coast last year. Three of them had to get push started off the ferry.

Wanderer of the Wastes DNAspark99 will become famous soon enough DNAspark99 will become famous soon enough DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    they don't call it 'disaster days' for nothing
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

corner worker solo soldier is on a distinguished road solo soldier's Avatar
    Bike
    I need more room in the shop!
    I don't know about any other rat bike riders, but I know I can ride. Building one right now, why? Cause its the new thing to have, barely makes the speed limit and if they impound it? Who CARES!

lol

Dam I got old fast FZrrr is on a distinguished road FZrrr's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 fz-1
    You have the all girl Rat Bike group in vancouver, jean vest with pink circle black Ferrari insignia. Also skate boarders/ratbiker's seen a lot of them last year.
    The 3/4 metalflake with shades and shit shoe's, just road crayons waiting to happen with the majority of their mod's involving a hacksaw.

My friend's son is into that scene but we have convinced him to take the PRS course and I have sat with him and watched lot's of youtube vids and tried to get Him to realize if you want to survive on a bike you have to develop the appropriate skills.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

must have more bacon gxr jo is on a distinguished road gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    84 vf750 , 01 sv650 race bike , 06 gixxr thou race bike , 09 1198s , manigale
    would u rather see these riders on 600's displaying their bike riding skills in your favorite twisty's ?
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Registered User ParkJunkie is on a distinguished road ParkJunkie's Avatar
    Bike
    old: 2002 Yamaha R6, new: '06 gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    would u rather see these riders on 600's displaying their bike riding skills in your favorite twisty's ?
    They'd probably be spending more time riding than worrying about rat-styling their bike...
    4 posts, 1 ride, 1 crash. That's a good ratio right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    If your passenger can feel you shift ..you suck .

NOOOOOB htdub is on a distinguished road htdub's Avatar
    Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    I'm one of them
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Bike
    2003 fz-1
    Most have no skill's, way more important to look the part than take riding seriously and no I wouldn't want to see them on a 600 on a twisty road as they would ruin my day by planting themselves in the ditch.
    Best let them enjoy their 300-350 honda's with no mufflers sounding badass in traffic winding the piss out of their little motors to keep up with the mini vans.

Bike
    2003 fz-1
    A tricked out Thruxton all shiney doesn't quite fit especially railing corners with the knee down.
    You are going to have to research british mod's and rocker's to see where you fit at the ACE Cafe

I vote "Rocker" as the mod's like scooters and cordaroy.
    Last edited by FZrrr; 04-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.

100% Asshole SpookyjacK is on a distinguished road SpookyjacK's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    Honestly who really cares who wears what or what they ride? All I know is keep off my wave or I will punt you into the weeds as I ride by knee down, hard on the throttle back wheel spinning leaving darkies in my wake...
    I am more than a mathematical equation, I am more than a chemical combination...

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by htdub View Post
    I'm one of them
    saw you going over that airport bridge the other day. you look nothing the part

you got a proper helmet, and your tires are not older than either you or your bike.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

awful human bottomfeeder is on a distinguished road bottomfeeder's Avatar
    Bike
    IRSU magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyjacK View Post
    ...... hard on the throttle back wheel spinning leaving darkies in my wake...
    If you were on a real litrebike that weighed about sixty pounds less than your RCboatanchor, it would just wheelie instead of spinning the tire.

No trees were harmed to display the above message ..... however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

I like traffic cones :S made Man is on a distinguished road made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    If you were on a real litrebike that weighed about sixty pounds less than your RCboatanchor, it would just wheelie instead of spinning the tire.

and if someone was doing less wheelies, i wouldnt need to be replacing fork seals right about now
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

+ Reply to Thread