BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Not a new rider but new to fixing up the bike

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Coastmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I bought new brake pads to replace the old worn out ones. Had a friend over who is more mechanically inclined than I am and we successfully put the brake pads, however where we failed was one of the bolts broke. I guess he turned it too tight (we didnt' have a torque wrench). Would I have to return to a bike mechanic shop to get a replacement or will places like Lordco, etc have this bolt? Attached is a picture.

My bike is a CBR 600 RR. This screw is the longest one.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
if you and your buddy fucked that one up... what else did you fuck on doing the job? i'd take the bike to a shop to get it done properly.

#7 ·
If they can match it up at lordco (which I doubt) they will sell you a cheap, shitty made in china bolt that will very likely rust prematurely.

If I was you I would go to supersport in Langley or chopshop cycle in Richmond or your local Honda dealer and get them to match it up.

DO NOT use a stainless steel bolt in place of a mild steel bolt, especially on your front brakes.

#10 ·
I'll strongly suggest in just getting the part number and just tough it out and order the part through a dealer !! bolts have different torque specs and materials used.. I wouldn't want to cheap out on an item that holds your brake calipers in place... Don't cheap out on your safety !! sure there would be other bolts you can use and might for sure fit !! but metals have different strengths and safety rating!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.