BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Kill Switch or Key? What kinda person are you?

8K views 113 replies 65 participants last post by  NinjaChick 
#1 ·
I usually kill switch then key but thats how PRS taught me..

#98 ·
My question is what kind of an emergency would you need to hit the kill switch? I am guessing when your laid out in the rhubarb twisted and mangled your top priority is to crawl your sorry ass over to your bike and find your kill switch handle bar dug into the ground and flip it?

My guess is it's probably easier just to turn the key off?

Why can't they just do away with the switch all together, then I guess we wouldn't have this thread?

#99 ·
when your cables are about a year past when they were supposed to be replaced/adjusted/lubed. and you are too much of an idiot to see it... and throttle gets stuck WFO on the highway as you just pull out to pass a truck... and physically trying to roll back off of it doesnt work. you

So after you finishing taking a crap ya pull the clutch in and hit the switch.

edit: also with the new bikes having fly by wire systems i would not trust electronic components not to fail at some point. I had enough joysticks with failed positioners and seen enough HVAC controllers with failed positioners to fully trust one on a bike yet.

#100 ·
I almost always use my key. I was told to use kill switch first because it reduces the amount of current passing through the ignition. Ignition switch is more expensive than a kill switch. But I never listened.

#104 ·
After a lazy 180 km of putting around and a lot of various stops, I use the key.

Oh no. How will I ever hold my head up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.