Kill Switch or Key? What kinda person are you? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Switch or Key? What kinda person are you?

Registered User bacchus40 is on a distinguished road bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 09
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Just smoked the batt on my triple.....pretty sure it's toast. 10 year old battery......My bad though - left it off the trickle for much of the winter.

Usually kill -> key -> kickstand
    final kickstand process not necessary, just walk away..

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Fuh-coffee we will go carbonfibrerocket is on a distinguished road carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondsBatt View Post
    Slightly. Its a 12 amp battery, but not the premium (read thinner) style.
    My dualsport has a 1.2 amp battery that won't power the HID and the signals at the same time unless I raise the RPM's up to 2500 or so.

I just mounted a tool pouch (today) on the rear fender so I can put a physically larger battery in. I will be seeing you soon.

I'm assuming those lithium ion batteries should the trick, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Moderator CoolDaddyGroove is on a distinguished road CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFire View Post
    No, it means they're turning off with the kill switch, then turning the key off usually once they've dismounted. Leaving the headlight on for 30 seconds every time you go out will slowly cause problems down the line.
    REALITY CHECK! You are telling me when you get on your bike, and turn your key on, you start the bike in less than 30 seconds 100% of the time? Same diff.
    Ease into it, you don't want a tear.
    - SSBlade May 2014

Fuh-coffee we will go carbonfibrerocket is on a distinguished road carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    REALITY CHECK! You are telling me when you get on your bike, and turn your key on, you start the bike in less than 30 seconds 100% of the time? Same diff.
    Exactly.

Plus, if you kill the engine with your e-stop switch, is it more than 3 seconds before you flip the key to the off position?

Me no stink so.

Registered User Schaden is on a distinguished road Schaden's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonfibrerocket View Post
    Exactly.

Plus, if you kill the engine with your e-stop switch, is it more than 3 seconds before you flip the key to the off position?

Me no stink so.
    I was going to reply with something similar, but with the attitude lately, I just left it alone.

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor EdmondsBatt is on a distinguished road EdmondsBatt's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonfibrerocket View Post
    My dualsport has a 1.2 amp battery that won't power the HID and the signals at the same time unless I raise the RPM's up to 2500 or so.

I just mounted a tool pouch (today) on the rear fender so I can put a physically larger battery in. I will be seeing you soon.

I'm assuming those lithium ion batteries should the trick, yes?
    Lithium Iron, but yes I would assume it will be fine. You may not even need to use the new location, as the Shorai (might) be higher amp in the same size as your lead battery, depending on size.
    Check out our new Abbotsford store at 33177 South Fraser Way!
    *Quote "BCSportbikes.com" to receive 15% off ANY new in stock Battery!
    www.edmondsbatteries.net

Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondsBatt View Post
    Lithium Iron, but yes I would assume it will be fine. You may not even need to use the new location, as the Shorai (might) be higher amp in the same size as your lead battery, depending on size.
    The battery in there now is 3" long by 2" by 1.2".

It only costs $18, but its a pain to turn the headlight off at stoplights before a left turn. Sometimes I forget to turn it back on after the turn as well.

Looking forward to a solution. (solid state relay is the next idea)
    Last edited by carbonfibrerocket; 04-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Registered User bacchus40 is on a distinguished road bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 09
    +1.. my old man has a complete cow every time we pull up to the parking spot.. I put the kickstand down, in neutral..

wait a sec while revs regulate to a nice rumble {burn off any unburnt gas should it be in the system}.. switch off..

turn key off, get off bike & lock steering... i do it all the time.. like clockwork..

b4 i even reach for the KEY, i already know whats coming.. SHUT THE FVCKING THING OFF, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR..
    YOURE GONNA KILL THE BATTERY, YOURE GONNNA KILL THE LIGHTS, THOSE ARE HID ARENT THEY, DONT THEY COST LIKE 50 BUCKS TO REPLACE..

lmfao... old dogs, new tricks.. not gonna happen...

i think hes a complete freak & carefully reconsider my plans for next weekend..

Registered User bigdyno is on a distinguished road bigdyno's Avatar
    Bike
    848 EVO Dark
    Funny kill switch story: The father-in-law would go down to Daytona for new bike releases (he used to own CC) and he and one of the other CC guys were riding down a hiway where there was a prison work gang cleaning the ditches. He did the old hit the kill switch, wfo the throttle, then turn kill switch back on. When the resulting bang happened, every one of the prisoners hit the deck like clockwork.

That's the only real reason for those switches. And while we are at it, centerstands are only really for standing on during night rides to shower your followers with sparks.
    Ok? Ok. Carry on.

Don't be stupid. Sikorsky is on a distinguished road Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdyno View Post
    Funny kill switch story: The father-in-law would go down to Daytona for new bike releases (he used to own CC) and he and one of the other CC guys were riding down a hiway where there was a prison work gang cleaning the ditches. He did the old hit the kill switch, wfo the throttle, then turn kill switch back on. When the resulting bang happened, every one of the prisoners hit the deck like clockwork.

That's the only real reason for those switches. And while we are at it, centerstands are only really for standing on during night rides to shower your followers with sparks.
    Ok? Ok. Carry on.
    Excellent to hear. I used to do both of those dumb ass stunts all the time. At night the sparks got the tailgater off your butt in no time.
    The difference between you and me .........

Registered User ctardi is on a distinguished road ctardi's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by CanaganD View Post
    This. There have been many claims of failing kill switches on BMWs because owners used them on every start up and shutdown.
    I was going to chime in and say that although PRS taught me kill switch, then key, I don't do that on my F800 because the kill switch looks like it would break off after a few uses.

On the track bike...there's no key, so kill switch it is.
    WMRC #969

Registered User vancity is on a distinguished road vancity's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 SV650
    I was taught to use the kill switch and then the keys right after.

To be honest with you, it's more like 5 seconds. I don't turn the key unless I'm starting the bike. I'm a nazi about stuff like that.
    Last edited by xxxx; 04-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Registered User Infuria is on a distinguished road Infuria's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Ninja 300
    Action taught us to use the switch. I'm sure we're splitting hairs at 5 pages in.

Registered User pherthyl is on a distinguished road pherthyl's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Excellent to hear. I used to do both of those dumb ass stunts all the time. At night the sparks got the tailgater off your butt in no time.
    Also good for scaring the shit out of roadside bears
    My bikes: A random assortment of junk I found in a barn and fixed up.

+ Reply to Thread