Who wants to share a track bike? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who wants to share a track bike?

Beer League Racer/Asshole SnoDragon is on a distinguished road SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    The only "local" track is Mission. The others, are anywhere from 3 to 12 hours away: Pacific Raceways (Seattle), The Ridge (Mason, WA), PIR (Portland), Stratotech (Edmonton), Thunderhill (Willows, CA). Trackdays can run as low as $80 at Stratotech, and as high as $220/day at the others.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User drewnabobber is on a distinguished road
    Bike
    silver
    Cheapest thing you will ever do in motorcycle racing is buy your first bike. That just isn't where the cost is. T-Rex is right that all the other costs add up, but 1 person riding a track bike 4 times a year is going to use exactly half the tires, fuel, oil and tracktime costs as 2. You're far better off to go in with someone on a trailer or van so you can double-up on transport costs to all the tracks listed above.
    WMRC #386

Twin B VTR_Rider is on a distinguished road VTR_Rider's Avatar
    Bike
    Konker KPX 125
    Here's a great bike you can share.... http://www.westwoodracing.com/forums...ead.php?t=5456
    WMRC #20
    TwinBrosRacing.com
    Busting ours to kick yours

NOOOOOB htdub is on a distinguished road htdub's Avatar
    Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Is it really that expensive to own a track bike and doing most of the local track days?

$1,000 for a few track days seems high... But I'm ignorant in the subject, so can anyone enlighten me because despite not being to a track day yet, I have thought about getting a track bike or turning my 250 into one.
    Low end of the scale would be tracking your 250. Riding to the track, pack your own lunch. $80 for half day at pitt meadows.

High end would be getting a track bike, transport, track day fees. Track Bike ($3000) + $200 a day

250's are cheap to run. Sticky track tires last forever on 250's. Stick with that.
    Last edited by htdub; 04-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Katani Kalon armchairgm is on a distinguished road armchairgm's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    Found a place that rents race ready 250's in Surrey.

http://www.bcmotorides.com/index.html

Registered User Francis is on a distinguished road Francis's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja 250r
    Out of curiosity, how much riding would half a day be?
    rebecca black > bcaa

NOOOOOB htdub is on a distinguished road htdub's Avatar
    Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much riding would half a day be?
    You mean how much actual track time? Probaly 3-4, 15-20min sessions.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

BCSB Public Relations kerunt is on a distinguished road kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    It's something that could work with the right people but I'll tell you from experience that the bike itself is only the beginning. Racers that know eachother at the track lend and swap bikes all the time and usually think nothing of it but that's to people they know and have ridden/raced with. It can get a little goofy with co-ownership when you're dealing with someone you have little experience with and you're both trying to split a depreciating asset that can have a very limited life expectancy. Mechanical work, maintenance, mechanical failures, upgrades, depreciation, crash damage, or even arguments over who's getting the most use of it. No thanks. I'd rather have my own. Cheaper to split transportation costs and things like that.
    This.

Much less hassle to just have your own.
    Starbucks poses by me.

"Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Some guys just have that certain je ne c'est CHIA....
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 Yamaha R6 View Post
    Your the troller.

Fixer oldsquid is on a distinguished road oldsquid's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE
    I've had as much fun on a $1200 Honda F3 as I did on Steve Dicks expensive trick R6. What we do is as expensive as you make it.

I agree with the others on the own it yourself as well, if a buddy wads a bike and doesn't have the dosh to fix it, well, you can figure it out. And to wad a rental bike, or a borrowed bike over the cost of renting also makes it financially unsound. Nothing against anyone who is helping our sport by providing any rental/loaner bikes, I'm just chiming in with my two cents. Better any of us fix our own bikes and damages we've caused other than creating a monetary nightmare by being on the wrong end of an I.O.U.

Registered User Francis is on a distinguished road Francis's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja 250r
    Not sure if it's mentioned, but what if the other party wants to sell it? What if they want to sell it and you don't have the cash to 'buy' his part? How would you even calculate how much their 'part' is worth?
    rebecca black > bcaa

+ Reply to Thread