BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Exhaust help

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CanadianBird 
#1 ·
I have an 05 600rr that came with a full yosh system. Included in this nice package is a big crack that runs perpendicular to the exhaust over the middle top of the can. I'm really starting to get sick of rattle/smell that it causes and here lies the question. I assume I can just buy a new slip on and use the existing pipe to create the "full" system. Do you think any slip on will work? I'm liking the idea of two-bro's or something like that. Will that work with the current pipe? Or do I need to stick with the same model kinda thing...

And also remind me to never buy a modded sport bike again. This has been such a hassle replacing all the shit that needs to be done over the past 2 years. And this was after the place I bought it from did a "pre-inspection report". :firemad:firemad:firemad

#2 ·
I have an 05 600rr that came with a full yosh system. Included in this nice package is a big crack that runs perpendicular to the exhaust over the middle top of the can.
fyi, if you're otherwise happy with the current can, you can buy any and all parts from Yoshimura, including new shells.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-replacement_muffler_road.aspx?imsec=road

you'd need to drill out the rivets, replace the shell (and almost certainly repack at the same time), then re-rivet the new shell. not such a big job... and you'll need to buy all the necessary thru your local dealer, cuz Yosh R&D in the USA will not sell directly to a Canuck.

good luck.

#3 ·
having the same shop do the inspection is just dumb. Of course they are going to tell you it's great if they don't have a creditable name. It has nothing to do with buying a modded bike, but rather you not doing your homework. There are plenty of sellers who have bikes all modded up that run like gems. If I were you (and haven't done so when you purchased the bike) , check the titles while you are at it just to be safe . If they gave you a flawless report pre inspection, there might be some other grey issues lingering also (rebuilt titles, leins etc). The last thing you want to find out to put you over the top is finding out the title has issues when you trying selling the bike when you upgrade eventually to your 1000rr =)

#4 ·
I have an 05 600rr that came with a full yosh system. Included in this nice package is a big crack that runs perpendicular to the exhaust over the middle top of the can. I'm really starting to get sick of rattle/smell that it causes and here lies the question. I assume I can just buy a new slip on and use the existing pipe to create the "full" system. Do you think any slip on will work? I'm liking the idea of two-bro's or something like that. Will that work with the current pipe? Or do I need to stick with the same model kinda thing...
In most cases you just have to match the pipe diameters to make sure they mate up. But otherwise it's pretty easy to just change the muffler shell as doser indicated. You can usually find the Yosh shells on Ebay too.

#7 ·
I youtubed a couple videos of a 600rr with 2bros and you're right.. it sounds like shit.

Not on an 1100XX they didn't. And neither does the full Yoshi I have on now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.