Where can I get motorcycle boot repairs
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where can I get motorcycle boot repairs

Registered User Jager is on a distinguished road Jager's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR 750

Where can I get motorcycle boot repairs

My Sidi Vertigo Corsas need new soles. Still lots of tread, but the spot where I put weight on the foot pegs is severely indented and I doubt I'll make it through the season without it wearing all the way through.

I can order the soles from any Sidi dealer, but they don't repair them so I'm looking for a cobbler who has experience with sportbike boots. I took them to my usual place where I take my dress shoes, but he didn't instill a lot of confidence so I didn't want him experimenting. I'd prefer to take them somewhere where they've done it before.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User NSRDR is on a distinguished road NSRDR's Avatar
    Bike
    none yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    My Sidi Vertigo Corsas need new soles. Still lots of tread, but the spot where I put weight on the foot pegs is severely indented and I doubt I'll make it through the season without it wearing all the way through.

I can order the soles from any Sidi dealer, but they don't repair them so I'm looking for a cobbler who has experience with sportbike boots. I took them to my usual place where I take my dress shoes, but he didn't instill a lot of confidence so I didn't want him experimenting. I'd prefer to take them somewhere where they've done it before.

Any suggestions?
    I just had my Sidi boots repaired after 2 hard years and thousands of kilometers. They were tired. I bought the soles from Bayside and had Quick Cobbler on 2nd Ave in Vancouver do the work. They charged me around $100 and the boots are like new. Great work and I've used them for other jobs as well. I even had them stitch the toe so they would be more durable.
    Last edited by NSRDR; 04-15-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Twin A Jaybo is on a distinguished road Jaybo's Avatar
    Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:CBR600RR & DRZ125 Dirt:RM125
    I ordered my replacement soles from here: http://www.ridegear.com
    Expect to wait about a month for them, as they probably won't be in stock.. even if it says they are..
    I then took the boots to the New West Cobbler.
    http://www.newwestcobbler.com/
    Two other "quality" shoe repair shops weren't interested in the job.. the New West Cobbler didn't bat an eye and did the job for $21.00. The boots are still holding up well two years later.
    Last edited by Jaybo; 04-16-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    2014 WMRC Secretary

Registered User Jager is on a distinguished road Jager's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    Thanks - great tips. I don't normally venture out to New West, but for an $80 savings, I'll definitely check it out.

Registered User NSRDR is on a distinguished road NSRDR's Avatar
    Bike
    none yet
    If you do please report back. Next time I'll go there if they do a good job.

Registered User CanadianBird is on a distinguished road CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    I took my Frank Thomas riding boots to "Marco's Italian Shoe Doctor", #1073 international Village Mall, for new soles and heals. He did a great job, $67.00 plus tax. I recommend him, old school cobbler. Thought he was good value and did an excellent job. If you live in Van or close by, you might want to try him out. Two hour free parking underground with m.c. parking as well.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

+ Reply to Thread