Is this school legit?

Thread: Is this school legit?

Bike
    no more bike... too be continued :)

Is this school legit?

Does a person need this course to work as a paramedic in BC?

http://aetparamedic.ca/

The website seems cheap lol

I wonder if they promise a job after you complete the course?

Has anybody heard of this place?

I heard there are a lot of problems with working as a paramedic now.

Hmmmmmmm

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    Well the people in the add are pretending to be airplanes, what does that tell you?

(PS. I know they are clear of the MIKEY,OK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

'Busa girls, God love 'em Array Argyle's Avatar
    Bike
    06 'Busa
    (pic)Thats the all clear before we shock em

Yes there are two training centers, PCP is the minimum standard in most areas.

JIBC and AET they are both good...its a tough gig to be a Paramedic these days though.

You spend almost $7000.00 (more if you dont live near the school) for the course and then when you finish. You work in the farthest reaches like Boston bar , Port renfrew, main Island, and Etc. You carry a pager for $2.00 an hour in hopes you get a call...then you get 4 hours pay.

you get NO benfeits as a Part timer either.

If you get a call out there, thats great you can gain experiance...if you dont you take a whopping 24 bucks home for your 12 hour shift. You most times barely make enough to pay for the gas, less if you have to take a ferry, to get to these stations that RARELY do calls. you have to work a lot to make it worthwhile...a lot!!!

Gain senority you can move to a closer station hopefully like Pemberton, Whistler, Bowan Island etc

You are Part time for about 5 years and wait in the senority line in hopes to get Full time...which is only available to begin with in Vancouver. Sucks if you live anywhere else other than the lower mainland having to move your family or commute because you cant afford to live in Vancouver.

My recommendation go Police or Fire...unlesss all of the above appeals to you.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    More than one
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey604 View Post
    Of course not. Just learn how to apply a band-aid without sticking it to yourself or watch a couple of episodes of General Hospital on TV and I'm sure no one would have an issue when you show up at an accident scene where people need life-saving treatment.

On the other hand, perhaps training isn't such a bad thing...

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    There is a HUGE need in Alberta for linemen, and apprentices. I have heard that 57 people are needed to work for one company alone. The oil patch is expanding, substations and transmission lines are being built at a crazy pace, and all the associated infrastructure is behind need. IF you can find a camp to stay in, or a REASONABLE place to rent in the "patch", there is tons of opportunity for learning a trade or using your trade.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    (pic)Thats the all clear before we shock em.
    quit sugar-coating it island man.. just tell us what its really like!!
    toss in a couple pros for kicks.!! its your dream job after all.. i can tell
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Eyes set on the rubbarb Array kelaog's Avatar
    Bike
    Bike hiatus

Hmmmmmmm
    From any post Iv'e ever read from Argyle, I would say you are correct in saying that there are a lot of problems as working as a paramedic.

Consider a 2-yr diploma at BCIT in some form of technology. It will cost you about 21,000 for 2 years when you factor living, books, gas, etc. But well worth it IMO.

I'm going on my fourth year of a degree in mechanical engineering, but my friends who left after two years are all mostly making $30 an hour as an engineering technologist.

There are many other options at bcit though. X-ray technicians do quite well if you're set in working in the medical field.

BCIT x-ray tech did the xrays on my broken wrist; he informed he that he really enjoyed the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650

Hmmmmmmm
    You sure have some crazy posts. This isn't the first job one. Then there was the crazy one about your uncle with a degree who delivers pizza and needed a better job because he had shitty teeth and needed some dental work.

Kinda like you live in weirdville if you ask me.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    no more bike... too be continued :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    You sure have some crazy posts. This isn't the first job one. Then there was the crazy one about your uncle with a degree who delivers pizza and needed a better job because he had shitty teeth and needed some dental work.

Kinda like you live in weirdville if you ask me.
    What can I say, I know a lot of many people from different walks of life.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    05 Sv650s
    Quote Originally Posted by kelaog View Post
    From any post Iv'e ever read from Argyle, I would say you are correct in saying that there are a lot of problems as working as a paramedic.

Consider a 2-yr diploma at BCIT in some form of technology. It will cost you about 21,000 for 2 years when you factor living, books, gas, etc. But well worth it IMO.

I'm going on my fourth year of a degree in mechanical engineering, but my friends who left after two years are all mostly making $30 an hour as an engineering technologist.
    Yeah, that's the way it goes. If you ever have the occasion to work at an industrial plant upon graduation, e.g. at a plant start-up, you'll find that as an engineer you are likely the lowest paid employee among everybody else you are working with. Especially in the unions in BC, even the janitor at the plant I was at was making $100k+ a year .

If you aspire to a high paying job where you're not worried about climbing the corporate ladder, trades is where it's at.

If you want more options and a career within corporations, get your degree(s). No guarantee on the high-paying though, in this case .
    Last edited by kivyee; 05-08-2012 at 11:27 AM.