Leno rides the Mission R Bike

Thread: Leno rides the Mission R Bike

Steveston Village
    Triumph Thruxton
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

2. Remove Advertisements

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    Let's play a game. the Pin-the-tail-on-the-inevitable-donkey game...

1: At what point do the 'alternatives' become viable transportation options? ('cheap enough', comparable usage to combustion engines, widely available standardized refuelling/recharge stations)

2: At what point does the government/ICBC step in and say "NO MORE I.C ENGINES INSURABLE ON THE ROAD" (special "I.C" permit required for operation?)

I'll hazard a guess & say... 2022ish for #1, 2035ish for #2
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    coming to a starbucks near you.... because thats about as far as it will go.

until they make something with the range of ic and ability to refuel it 100% like am ic engine i domt see those things working too well.

also, if you think electricity is expensive now.... boy they are in for a surprise when demand goes up.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Registered User Array
    North Vancouver
    05 Sv650s
    Was it just me, or was Leno's chin sticking out from under the helmet really distracting?
    It'll be years before this gets adopted into the mainstream. And don't forget, use of transportation as transit is only a small part of the equation. Want to try coming up with some long distance tractor trailer electric technology? How about trains? Ships? We are likely 50 years away from weaning ourselves off hydrocarbons.

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Battery technology is our greatest obstacle.... It really all depends on that.

mmm....... instant face shifting torque.....

And they didn't set that Android tablet up correctly. Someone didn't fix the timeout setting
    Last edited by CanaganD; 05-15-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Imagine how many racetracks could be made with these quiet bikes close to urban sprawl?
    Click to View

Law of Logical Argument - "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about"

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticSouth on ADVRider.com
    If i was put here on earth to be a practical functional, purposeful member of society... im a happy FAIL

2009 Daytona 675
    most impressive specs i've heard from a electric motorcycle before. Looks pretty bad ass too. Jay Leno's chin was definitely distracting underneath that helmet
    2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
    2006 yz450f
    www.SouthandBack.blogspot.com --> Argentina to Canada, KLR 650

'09 Ducati M696
    lol, yea....definitely funny seeing his massive chin hanging out under the bottom of the helmet

Eyes set on the rubbarb Array kelaog's Avatar
    Bike hiatus
    ROFL. Did anyone else notice the suspension travel when he hit the brakes coming to a stop at a light? Heavy set man

Have to be pretty careful with the throttle on that thing in the corner if the regenerative breaking is that strong =/
    Last edited by kelaog; 05-15-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Police to impounds is like gay men to bum sex. It's going to happen... and the participants love it.