Late Notice Fri May 18th 8am to Republic WA and beyond for 2-4 days
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Late Notice Fri May 18th 8am to Republic WA and beyond for 2-4 days

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA

Late Notice Fri May 18th 8am to Republic WA and beyond for 2-4 days

Very late notice, but it's only now that several 'things' have fallen into place. I plan to leave Vancouver tomorrow morning Friday May 18th, crossing the border at Blaine not later than 8am. I need to be in Woodinville about 10am till 11 or noon, then I'm setting off to 'drift' thru northern WA, Idaho, and into Montana. I reckon I might take Hwy 20 and Okanagan highlands backroads as far as Republic Fri nite, then maybe Kalispell Sat. No fixed agenda, but eventually I am meeting another BCSBer in Salt Lake City Monday May 21st and riding with him for the following week. If you'd like to keep me company for 2 or 3 or 4 days, that'd be wonderful. This not newbie-friendly, but I'm hardly the hottest hand at the table either! And please be forewarned that I like to stop now and again for photos... patience will be an asset. Oh, and reports are that I snore... But my tolerance for cheap wine is exemplary!
    PM response would be best.
    Cheers,
    P.S. One fellow-traveller would be best, two would be awkward (motels), 3 would be the maximum.
    Last edited by doser; 05-17-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    The Star's are aligned. Have a great ride.

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    I plan to, thanks B. Too bad you can't join me! (sick day?)
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Ride the winds of change Array scooter's Avatar
    Bike
    Adventure and Sport
    I just came back from a long weekend from the Olympic Penninsula. Just camping Mnt Biking with my dog and Kayaking. One of the best times I have had in that area. Surprising how few people were down there before the May long weekend.

PM me next time with some ride idea's. I will hopefully come on the Wrong Way Down ride.

Registered User Array Frank Einstein's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Honda X15RRR4000BTU Space Comander..I just call her "Chopper"!
    Would have liked to come with you again, Don, but a little too soon for me after last week. Ride safe and take lots of photos. If you have any from last week that I might be interested in, sent them over would you. Take care and have fun.
    My brain is the same shape as my hat!

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    You snore, I fart (in my sleep). Have a great ride.

Bike
    Ninja 250r
    Whoa. This sounds like the type of adventure I want to be able to do one day. Have fun and ride safe, stranger.

Looking forward to see the pics.
    rebecca black > bcaa

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    no secret, Francis. just get on your bike and go! life is simple on the road...

outa here! later, guys...
    Last edited by doser; 05-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post

Have a good one!!
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    Ninja 250r

You know, if my bike was in 100% condition, with no commitment to a fundraiser on Saturday, and your ride wasn't "not newbie friendly", I would've been really interested in doing this, even with the short notice. Like I said, enjoy and ride safe!
    rebecca black > bcaa

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    To derail this thread for but a moment, Francis - a great ride for a budding rider's expansion of distance envelope is a two or three day trip up to Penticton or Kelowna (not on a weekend, if possible!). Great roads, great scenery, not too too far ... and lots of gas stops and accomodation (if needed).

cheers.

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    whew! 2 days in and I'm totally blissed out already. day 1 was 'big'... more miles than I ought to have done, but that's how she rolls... strangely, after many hours in the saddle, the last few 'stages' just got faster and faster and faster. what does 59km in 23 min work out to be? stupidity, thru deer country? Republic 1st nite, Sand Point tonite. holy shit, if you've never been here, come. (or should that be "go"?) fine littel town. and the 'wait staff' at the place I had dinner (Spuds, on the River) was the most awe-inspiring group of females I had ever set eyes upon! and, no, I haven't been on the road (and away from the wife) for THAT long! I actually asked if ALL the females in town were as attractive... something to do with skiing, apparently...

p.s. I have a new favourite road: the Flowery Trail, east of Chewalah. I think benk or yura or someone mentioned this on the forum a couple year ago... (thank you, buddy!) I rode it east to west thinking I'd carry on south, but it was SOOOO good, I changed my plans and rode back east - better, cuz the twistest stuff on the best pavement is then uphill. what do they say? "omfg"!

wine, then bed. over and out!
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    a great ride for a budding rider's expansion of distance envelope is a two or three day trip up to Penticton or Kelowna (not on a weekend, if possible!). Great roads, great scenery, not too too far ... and lots of gas stops and accomodation (if needed).

cheers.
    right on, Kent. particulary if you do the Old Hedley road east of Princeton, Green Mtn road SW of Penticton, White Lk road east of OK Falls, etc, etc...

life is too short to ride highways when there are 'byways'...
    Dwight Eisenhower

Old Dirty Bastard Array masonjarz's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking for the next one
    Are you ever home?

Have a great time and ride safely.

Note to self: "Spuds" on the river, Sandpoint WA...

Registered User Array KootenayZX10R's Avatar
    Bike
    ZX10R
    Yep Flowery is an awesome road. I hope it was dry for you though. The Tiger pass is also another good one that is close to the Flowery.

whew! 2 days in and I'm totally blissed out already. day 1 was 'big'... more miles than I ought to have done, but that's how she rolls... strangely, after many hours in the saddle, the last few 'stages' just got faster and faster and faster. what does 59km in 23 min work out to be? stupidity, thru deer country? Republic 1st nite, Sand Point tonite. holy shit, if you've never been here, come. (or should that be "go"?) fine littel town. and the 'wait staff' at the place I had dinner (Spuds, on the River) was the most awe-inspiring group of females I had ever set eyes upon! and, no, I haven't been on the road (and away from the wife) for THAT long! I actually asked if ALL the females in town were as attractive... something to do with skiing, apparently...

p.s. I have a new favourite road: the Flowery Trail, east of Chewalah. I think benk or yura or someone mentioned this on the forum a couple year ago... (thank you, buddy!) I rode it east to west thinking I'd carry on south, but it was SOOOO good, I changed my plans and rode back east - better, cuz the twistest stuff on the best pavement is then uphill. what do they say? "omfg"!

wine, then bed. over and out!