Shout out to the WCSS ART Course crew today

Thread: Shout out to the WCSS ART Course crew today

Insert User Title Here. Array TripleTime's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes.

Shout out to the WCSS ART Course crew today

I was one of about 40 riders who attended the ART Course out at Tradex today. (some were on the racing one, which ran in some of the other sessions.)

Thanks to Troy, Bernie, Dean, Gio, John and the other dozen or so people helping us all out today.

For those who've not heard of / seen this stuff before, below is a sample of the riding they teach. We started the day off fairly slow, but you could definitely see an improvement by days end. We did 7 sessions of about 15 minutes each, some with video - which we all sat and watched afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4p4...ature=youtu.be

The course at the ART level isn't necessarily about going faster (although it's a result of the work you do during the day). It's about working on proper riding techniques, cornering, braking, body positioning etc.......

Also ended up meeting a number of great people today - from our small group and others as well. A great group of like minded people just trying to get a little smoother on our rides.

Excellent instruction, an awesome day. Highly recommended for riders who have some experience and want to get better.

TT

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    It was our pleasure! What a great group of students we had out today!

It's personally very rewarding to see you all improve over the span of a single day. Remember, if any of you do a track day, and want some extra instruction, pointers, or anything else, don't hesitate to seek us out.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array born2ride's Avatar
    Bike
    600rr
    Indeed had an awesome day at the tradex yesterday. Never knew you could learn so much in one day, but I did. Thankfully the rain held off all day and enjoyed every minute of it. Met some new riders and received some great instruction. Damn fun too!
    ~Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Good times for sure. Happy it stayed dry. Good turn out.

I haven't seen so many Ducati's since squambucks. And haven't seen so many brand new sidi boots since Richmond Motorsports closed down.

Few photos random photos.

The masses

Track walk

Troy explaining the rules

Adam showing starts

My 1/4 Liter bike.

Last edited by htdub; 06-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Buying something on Amazon, use my affiliate links to support my motorcycle racing. Every little bit counts. WMRC 250 Class FTW - #702, MUCHO GRACIAS!

WTB: PW50 Bike for my kids

Bike
    Ninja 250r
    Quote Originally Posted by htdub View Post

My 1/4 Liter bike.

Haha. I didn't notice the 1/4 part, and I'm like "wait a minute.. that's not a liter... "

Anyways, see you on the track tomorrow. I really hope it don't get too wet.
    rebecca black > bcaa

Bike
    Looking...
    The webpage is a little unclear on this: I've got a leather jacket and textile pants that don't zip together. Is that acceptable for the ART?

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Call them and find out.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~