Battery dead again

Thread: Battery dead again

Registered User Array
    Maple Ridge
    2000 R6

Battery dead again

I have a 2000 R6 I bought a few years ago
    Anyways replaced the battery last spring with a western powersports battery and put it on a battery tender jr all winter and it was dead come spring
    Charged it using a big charger at work on slow charge so it took few hours and was reading full charge when I took it off and of course it rained for 3 weeks straight went to fire it up this morning dead battery again
    I don't have any dead shorts I'm sure as it sat for a month last year and fired up no problem on old battery
    So basically are these western powersport batteries garbage or do batteries typically only last a season???

2. Remove Advertisements

New West
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    very possible you got a lemon, or maybe it is just a piece of shit battery. most batteries have a one year warranty...

i went 7+ years on an oem, then went through two POS batteries within a year. back to OEM with no more probs.

Registered User Array SexualParasment's Avatar
    2005 gsx1300
    I've got one of those shorai lithium batteries from Edmonds battery. I used to have the same problem as you, but these seem to hold their charge much better.

K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    stator failing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6
    do you have any type of mods on your bike? white HID lights? get it checked out. usually you can have a bike sitting for an entire winter and it should still start up the next season with ease.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

:D Array
    On mine it turned out to be a bad ignition solenoid. Some kind of short in the sealed unit that was draining the battery. $50 part.

Registered User Array Mechannibalism's Avatar
    east van
    '87 GPZ 400 '87 GSXR 400
    Battery Fu*k It is not uncommon for a new battery to fail I have seen it many times. It is very easy to check for a drain on the batt. Connect up a small 6V light bulb in series with the batt. with ignition OFF(very inportant) if it lights up you have a drain , to find the drain disconect things untill the light goes out that will be the circuit that has the drain.
    You're just a crackpot till you hit the jackpot - Wernher von Braun