Huge Charity Event
Duncan Centennial Ride: It is not often that a City council embraces motorcycling. Hats off to Mayor Phil Kent and his council. Let’s not disappoint the Mayor we want this to be Vancouver Island’s largest ride. Bring your friends; tell your mom, whatever it takes we want to be bigger than the Parade we are leading.
DON'T MISS THE MOST EXCITNG MOTORCYCLE WEEKEND ON VANCOUVER ISLAND.
• SHOW AND SHINE,
• Barbeque sponsored by Duncan Volunteer Fire Department.
• Summer Festival lots of entertainment
• NORTH AMERICAN STUNT RIDIING CHAMPION KANE FRIESSEN, MAXIM MODEL CARLEY ANN ROSE,
• MUCH MUCH MORE.
COME ON OUT AND PROUDLY REPRESENT THE SPORT OF MOTORCYCLING AND HELP THE CITY OF DUNCAN CELEBRATE THEIR 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
Pre -registration for the Duncan Centennial Motorcycle Poker Run and Kane Friesen Stunt show, is $25.00 per bike: Pre-registration includes T-shirt (additional T-shirts can be ordered for an additional fee of $10.00 per)
(Pre-Registration only) includes: Souvenir Duncan Centennial motorcycle ride T-shirt, a Burger and Beverage at the Fire hall BBQ,Entry in draw for dinner for two.
All Pre Registered get to meet monster Energy pro stunt rider Kane Friesen.
PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES JUNE 30TH
Registration on day of event does not include T-shirt. Does include Burger and beverage.
Please arrive before 10:30 as motorcycles are scheduled to lead the summer festival Parade though streets of Duncan,we are expecting a large crowd of spectators.( on a good year over 30,000) Motorcycles will line up on Duncan Street on North Side of City of Duncan Fire Hall located 468 Duncan St.
The event will start with motorcycles riding the parade route before the parade starts after which we will leave on the ride, returning by 1 or 1:30pm.
Kane Friesen's first Stunt show starts on Duncan St. at 1:30. There will be another at 2:30 and at 4:30
Brought to you by:
Duncan Centennial Committee Hatton Insurance Agency Ltd
Duncan BC. 495 Trans Canada Hwy,Duncan BC
“We have motorcycle Insurance for on
and off road”
For More Information and Pre-registration go to www.duncancentennial.ca
Duncan Centennial Supermoto Street Challenge
Presented by the Victoria Supermoto Association
July 15th, 2012, 11:30am-4:30pm
Annual Members of Victoria Supermoto Association $50
Members with Duncan Centennial T-Shirt $60
Non-Members with Duncan Centennial T-Shirt $70
Victoria Supermoto will accept PayPal for online registration and cash.
To race with Victoria Supermoto Association (VSA) you’ll need a dirt bike/Supermoto in good mechanical condition with the following modifications / features:
Your dirt bike will need one of the following wheel / tire upgrades:
• Stock dirt rims with Sportsman tires-DOT approved
• 17” Supermoto rims with race slicks, grooved slicks or any non-knobby tires
• Plastic peg and axle sliders installed to prevent damage to the track surface and the bike.
• Hand and Lever Guards – in a crash, your levers are usually the first part of the bike to hit the ground. Replacing bent levers can get expensive very quickly. Most racers will tell you a good set of metal lever/hand guards can be a smart investment. Bar-end or lever guard plastic sliders are also recommended.
All bikes are required to pass technical inspection before they can enter the track for practice, qualifying or races. Inspections will be performed race day by a race official. Every attempt will be made to get your bike through tech – we want you riding not sitting in the pits!
VSA allow racers to wear either race leathers or motocross gear. Whichever style you choose, your safety gear must meet the following requirements:
• Helmet – must be non-damaged. Helmets can be open face or closed visor (dirt or road race).
• Boots – must rise above the ankle and must not fasten using laces. Supermoto specific boots are not required (replaceable soles). Most styles of motocross or road race boots are acceptable.
• Gloves – heavy-duty leather racing gloves are best to protect your hands in a crash. Motocross gloves are permitted, but road race gloves and armoured knuckles are an added level of safety.
• If you choose to wear motocross gear, be sure to wear knee pads, elbow pads, a back protector or an armoured vest.
Classes & Divisions
The decision to run certain race classes will be made on race day based on the number of registrants in each class (3 entries req. – class). VSA reserves the right to cancel race classes as necessary and move racers into the next suitable class. VSA may also reassign racers based on their skill level.
OPEN NOVICE – ANY BIKE*
INTERMEDIATE UNLIMITED – ANY BIKE*
LADIES – ANY BIKE*
EXPERT UNLIMITED – ANY BIKE*
OPEN PRO – INTERMEDIATES & EXPERTS, ANY BIKE*
(*Any cc Dirt or Supermoto type motorcycle, see bike requirements above)
For further information or questions contact VictoriaSupermotoAssociation@gmail.com and don’t forget to click on our Victoria Supermoto Facebook Page to see all race update information.