Front pad retaining pin fell out.

Thread: Front pad retaining pin fell out.

Van Isle
    2010 Z1000

Front pad retaining pin fell out.

Hi, of the two calipers on my front wheel, each of them has 2 retaining pins for the brake pads inside, pretty common. Not to be confused with the bolts mounting the callipers. Anyway, one of 'em fell out.
    It's on a 2010 Z1000 which im pretty sure shares callipers with 636's and things of the like. Anyway, it's a clean hole all the way through to the other side and I do have the replacement bolt ordered, since no one had one. It's going to take 7 days to get in,
    Is there anything I can makeshift or use as a temporary replacement for the next 5 days? I was worried that I would overlook something if I just jammed a new bolt in there.
    I understand that's a stupid question and I definitely wont blame anyone if I die attempting their idea. It's one of those "Have to ask" things. Would like to be able to drive.
    To those who got mad at me for not waving: Welcome to 3rd grade.

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array Mechannibalism's Avatar
    east van
    '87 GPZ 400 '87 GSXR 400
    Metric pin Hmmm...Go down to the hardware store and look for screwdrivers with a shaft size of the pin, I'm sure you can figure out the rest
    You're just a crackpot till you hit the jackpot - Wernher von Braun

2012 CB1000RA
    maybe get a used one? Chop Shop in Richmond? SuperSport in Langley?
    or sometimes the bigger shops in WA state have stock. Pro Caliber in Vanc WA is huge, and I think carries Kawi.
    Last edited by doser; 06-23-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower