BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sunday June 24/12 SUMAS THEN SOUTH (Weather permitting)

3K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  old guy 
#1 ·
Meet: Bob's Burgers in Sumas.
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Leave 8:45 a.m.

We can pick a leader when we get together or I can lead through the following:

Silver Lake Road....Maple Falls...(Maybe Mt. Baker and back)..Down #9...Lower Skagit Highway....Darrington......Arlington.....Monroe.

Decide way back from Monroe.

A great ride with wonderful roads.

#12 ·
My pace will be somewhere between leisurely and slightly agitated. Planning to stop a couple times on the way up. Once to pick up a tag and once to stop and see if any of my taillight pieces are still in the weeds :evilgrin

Anyone want to meet for breakfast on the Abbotsford side?

#13 ·
My eye on this... weather is uncertain, though certainly
not looking great for Sun ! :(

Winthrop = 21 C, Chance of T-storms & 60% chance of precipitation

Too bad you can't get ^^^, without this...

Marblemount = 20 C, Rain Showers & 90% chance of precipitation

Not holding my breath...

:mad

#18 ·
Ya jeez, you got me. Being a glass half full guy, I mostly just read this out of the Winthrop one:

Sunday: New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

but who knows. Check in the AM and make a call. Actually got a day pass, so don't want to lose it!!

#23 ·
good day guys, not great but good.thanks rog for setting it up.nice to meet some oldies & some newies. 0 for4 getting to winthrop this year so far. ended up @ arlington. weather better there.
hey TTT, how did you make out @ washington pass? saw you blast past as we were in blue mountain grill on hwy 9. they had a 2 piece blue grass band (as much as I could tell) sat on the deck, uncle nick was gettin his groove on, the man has moves....... :D

#33 ·
good day guys, not great but good.thanks rog for setting it up.nice to meet some oldies & some newies. 0 for4 getting to winthrop this year so far. ended up @ arlington. weather better there.
hey TTT, how did you make out @ washington pass? saw you blast past as we were in blue mountain grill on hwy 9. they had a 2 piece blue grass band (as much as I could tell) sat on the deck, uncle nick was gettin his groove on, the man has moves....... :D[/QUOTE

Ride turned out better than I thought with the weather......all of you guys make me look forward to getting old :D

#25 ·
Hey old guy, thanks for the note. Missed you guys on the way through.

Had a beautiful run up to the top of Washington Pass. Dry as a bone through to Diablo Lake, save for a tiny bit of drizzle for a couple miles after I left you guys. Met up with AVINTWIN and the Mrs. (who were coming the other way lol) at the Diablo Lake lookout. Turned out Ma had a Starbucks on board the bus, and kindly lent it to me so I could be guaranteed my tag points!!

Got rained on up to the top of the pass, but not a ridiculous amount. Nice blast back down, stopped @ Sedro-Woolley for a sammy, and back home again.

Would have been nicer dry, but still not the worst way to spend a day.

and Just to prove I made it:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.