Firstly, I want to say thanks, for putting up with me Love that everyone has been so nice - a good welcome on a forum. Good change.
Seeming as I've never moved country before, it's probably normal for me to have a lot of questions...
So here goes;
1. Can anyone recommend a good bank? I'm with a bank here in Aus that has no bank fees - none at all. Is there anything similar in Canada that doesn't require a specific amount to be deposited each month? (it's safe to assume I won't be working straight away when getting to Canada, I'll have at least a few weeks off to explore!).
2. Do you have to have a car licence before getting a motorcycle licence? My licence is motorcycle only - I do not have a car licence. Will it be easy just to get a licence, or will I have to take a course, or get a car licence first?
3. What's the best website for finding a place to rent? I've googled, but not sure if my results would be the same... They just seem like cheap websites and not overly helpful?
4. Is the emergency number in Canada also 911? (says so on sites I've looked at... just need to confirm heh). Yes, this is a stupid question.. I'm sorry.
5. I'm probably going to buy a second motorcycle when I get there, as my bike could take a few weeks to get there, and I'll need immediate transport. Is kijiji the best place to find second hand motorcycles?
6. How much is registration/insurance for a motorcycle? My Triumph Sprint RS, for example - $1000, $4000? Rough guesstimate?
7. Do you guys have council clean-up? I might be wording it weirdly... it's when your council, or the government people, give you some dates each year, and you can put all your rubbish (old furniture, books, paint cans etc) and stuff lying around the house you no longer want/need on the pavement/side walk. It's a great way for finding free furniture etc... Do you have anything similar? Am I making any sense?
that's it for now I think.
I'm sure I'll ask more stupid stuff later.
Also, thanks for the people who offered to answer such questions via PM - don't feel I'm dissing you, just that I'd love a range of opinions so I can sort this out more quickly/easily.