Riding Around the World

Thread: Riding Around the World

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX

Riding Around the World

http://www.strikingviking.net/ While doing some research for a Bird rider who plans to ride around the world starting in Australia I encountered this fellow's interesting adventure. This is his blog. It apears that many folks have ridden round the world on all continents, including Antartica. And, on all types of bikes, big and small. Even scooters. While my bucket list does not include this, you younger riders might have entertained the idea of, "I wonder what it would be like to just get on my bike and go out there?"

This is just for interest sake, so there's no need to flame me.

PS, I think after reading sections of his book, he qualifies for, "The worst road trip ever." post.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

2. Remove Advertisements

2003 fz-1
    There are lot's of cool road trip blogs on ADVrider.com but they get rolled over by the recent post's so you have to search for locals that you want to find out about. It's a huge resource of routes and places, just have to be careful as you start reading and then you notice it's 2:am.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

Registered User Array Socialenemy69's Avatar
    DR 650
    Posted videos of my friends here a couple of times - www.ridetheworldtogether.com

They just got back from parking their bikes in Uruguay for their winter. They said they felt pretty safe in most countries except parts of Mexico and Honduras where they said they would see dead bodies on the side of the roads from shootings. Colombia was by far their favourite country as they met awesome people and ended up spending 40 days instead of the planned 7 days or so.

They are trying to convince me to jump on a plane and buy a bike in Russia and ride with them.

"Missing a few pieces!' Array Nine-and-a-half's Avatar
    FZR750r, Triumph Scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    http://www.strikingviking.net/ <snip>, "I wonder what it would be like to just get on my bike and go out there?" >snip<
    Thanks for the link.
    I've read Two Wheels Through Terror which I felt was an excellent book that got me thinking of a road trip.
    Read a bunch of other titles all dealing with motorcycle adventure travel.
    Finially I packed my Scram and headed out for 18 days south to Arizona and back. Had to see what this whole scene was like. Though the Scram is hardly an "adventure" bike but I still was able to trour about 500 miles of dirt roads and trails.

I can already tell One More Day Everywhere is only going to add to my desire to travel farther and longer.