Possible bike theif???

Thread: Possible bike theif???

:) you'll live longer Array rockshoxbiker's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha

Possible bike theif???

There this posting on ebay about some one who wants to buy frames of late model bikes. To possibly have legit frame #'s???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10066

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

:) you'll live longer Array rockshoxbiker's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha
    another suspicious point is he wants US frames, so the VIN's would be harder to search???

Bike
    dunno, could be.

he seems to be only a seller and pretty much all his current and past auctions have been sportbike parts.

unless he is some kind of wrecker or something. but all his stuff has been clean and in good shape.

makes you go hmm....
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    Originally posted by rockshoxbiker
    another suspicious point is he wants US frames, so the VIN's would be harder to search???
    yup. i've heard of people bringing in stolen or totally rebuilt cars from other provinces and selling them here in BC, and it's really really REALLLY hard to track the past history of the car. Maybe he is doing it with bikes?
    BCSB- Moderator

Karl Hungus
    Looking at his inventory it sure makes you wonder, lots of different bike parts there. Too bad he's in Quebec, I want to kick his ass just for trying to sell Celine Dion C.D.'s for 80 bucks!

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Ya, I did a double take on that when I read it too. Hard to figure out a way for that to be legit and profitable at the same time.

Bike
    '09 Bandit SEA
    In Quebec, they can rebuild and sell outside of the province without having to claim they're rebuilt.

If you ever bought a rebuild from Quebec and tried to insure it in BC, ICBC would say "enjoy your track bike".

It's probably legit. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to advertise that he's a thief on ebay.

-Matt

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Thanks for clearing that up. I for one have been on a major thief hunting expedition and am getting waaaaay too suspicious.

someguy
    <disclaimer> I don't want to make any accusations here, and if I am wrong about this or missed something obvious, I will remove this post. </disclaimer>

That being said, I noticed this on Ebay the other day and found it highly suspicious:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...4&category=467

Why would someone want to sell a frame that by his own admission is beyond repair, especially for that kind of money? It seems to me that the only use of selling this frame would either be to give a clean title to a stolen bike, or to give a clean title to a rebuit bike. Either way some poor biker would end up getting taken. I can't think of any other reason for this. Also notice that the poster has no other transactions on ebay.

If I have missed something obvious, you guys let me know and as I said I will remove this. It just seems really suspicious to me.

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    Bike
    none at the moment
    Originally posted by jonesboy
    In Quebec, they can rebuild and sell outside of the province without having to claim they're rebuilt.

If you ever bought a rebuild from Quebec and tried to insure it in BC, ICBC would say "enjoy your track bike".
    We are so different in quebec...we just want to be loved and be like everyone else
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.