2 By 4 — Side By Side

Thread: 2 By 4 — Side By Side

Bike
    tiz Red.

2 By 4 — Side By Side

Not sure if this is a repost or not, But here...

http://www.driveaware.org/hurt.htm
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Karl Hungus
    Good info, but 60% of riders not wearing helmets? That's just as dumb as playing Russian Roulette with a semi-auto handgun.

Bike
    The most frequent accident configuration is the motorcycle proceeding straight then the automobile makes a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle.

and

Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.

remember these 2.
    BCSB- Moderator

Master of Puppets Array Cometman's Avatar
    Bike
    Team Green
    There is a lot of important information in that study, but it is a pretty old study (1981). I've heard the AMA is lobbying for funding for an updated study. Hopefully it will happen in the next few years, as I imagine some things may have changed in 22 years.

Bike
    XR650R Sumo
    I wonder how much all these statistics have changed since the study was released in 1981, 22 years ago. Its certainly a different type of motorcycle that is available now, different levels of perception and awareness, safety features, etc...

Great read though.

EDIT: dean you bastard.. that'll show me for going and getting a coffee before posting... steal my comments why dont you .

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    Good info, but 60% of riders not wearing helmets? That's just as dumb as playing Russian Roulette with a semi-auto handgun.