Lillooet to Lillooet loop via Big Bar Ferry

Thread: Lillooet to Lillooet loop via Big Bar Ferry

I have the addiction Array scudafi's Avatar
    09 F800GS, 09 DR650, 05 CBR1000RR "Repsol", 04-999s, 97-748, 03 KTM 250EXC, 91 XR250R, 85-RZ500

Lillooet to Lillooet loop via Big Bar Ferry

From Lillooet up the West Pavilion FSR to Big Bar ferry, with a detour up to China Head Mtn.

West Pavilion road tagged.
    Name:  Bridge.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  145.9 KB

Top of China Head
    Name:  photo-8.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  148.5 KB

The descend down to the Big Bar ferry.
    The most challenging part of the trip. Mostly 1st gear and rear brake, some tapping of the front brake, but very very doable. Pretty wide, but steep road with some tight switchbacks. We picked up one guy on a KLR that had washed out his front end on the descend. The bike was on it's side in an awkward position and he could't pick it up by himself. So Jack and I to the rescue.
    Name:  Big Bar Valley.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  149.1 KB

Across the ferry with a grumpy old Ferryman (we didn't pay him) and then along the High Bar rd. thru Edge Hills Provincial park.

The Big Bar Valley facing Northwest.
    Name:  Big Bar valley facing northwest.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  145.7 KB

Stopped at Kelly Lake for a quick dip (highly recommended after 40 celsius on the High Bar climb)
    Then up and over Pavilion mtn. and thru Pavilion on into Lillooet.
    Stopped for dinner at the Greek Restaurant in Lillooet (best food in town) then back home towards Langley. Took our time on this trip so
    didn't get home till midnight.

Good trip, about 900 km (Langley > Pemberton > D'Arcy > Highline Pass to Lillooet > West Pavilion road > Big Bar Ferry > Pavilion > Lillooet > back to Langley) mostly Green circle and Blue square roads, skiing run reference, no black diamond or double black diamond stuff.
    (Correction the detour up to China Head mtn. is a black diamond run, not for newbies).
    Without the China Head detour I think it's about 220 km at the most for those that are petrol challenged.
    There is a gas station in Clinton if need be. From Kelly Lake to Lillooet is about 50km.
    Clinton is about 15km east of the Clinton/Pavilion junction by Kelly Lake. If you check a map you'll see what I mean.
    Go out and enjoy.
    Regards scudafi
    Last edited by scudafi; 08-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    C u at the front! Dust? What's dust?