Horn suggestions?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horn suggestions?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ1

Horn suggestions?

Suggestions for aftermarket horns. Mine sounds apologetic. I need something that'll blast the cager back to their own lane or stop em in their tracks. I've heard Hella and Fiamm. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    Fiamm Freeway Blaster. About $26 at Canadian Tire. Waaaay louder than my stocker.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Is the Fiaam blaster a kit or just the horn that replaces the stock one? Is it a one fits all thing or just certain makes?

Bike
    I have kids
    Originally posted by chromedome
    Is the Fiaam blaster a kit or just the horn that replaces the stock one? Is it a one fits all thing or just certain makes?
    Just the horn and a replacement mounting bracket. It has the standard (?) connectors that should fit most modern bikes (I guess).

It was a dead-easy swap on my FZ1. The only problem is the horn is a bit bigger than stock and will touch my fork brace if the forks bottom out (which is not uncommon under heavy braking). I have to figure out how to fix that.

Ringgdingdingdingdingding Array Bean's Avatar
    Bike
    Blue '89 RZ350 (street)
    I've got the Canadian Tire Freeway Blaster Horn too. Works great!!!
    R.I.P Bog and Julia. R.I.P. Cody

First Gen BCSB'er #549 -- Was WMRC #761 2005 -- If you have a bike, RIDE IT! If not, stay home. -- Do not click here ------> Click here

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Hey Blain, if I pick one up,would you mind helping me install it, seeing as that I am not very mechanical.I`ll buy lunch or something.

:) you'll live longer Array rockshoxbiker's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha
    i got a fiamm car horn on my suzuki. it fits right on. I think it was a HF90 model. Just had to trim the stock connector a touch, and it plugs right in too. It's loud enough that when i mess with the horn button in the garage, it hurts my ears.

Go big or go home Array Madkawi's Avatar
    Bike
    YZF R1
    Hey Blaine,know that you have finished your MC course.This can be your first bcsb side job as techs would say.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ1
    Hi Gord,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the same bike. Is your fork brace an aftermarket thing? Was the horn a simply plug in? No rewiring or anything else?

Bike
    I have kids
    Originally posted by fz1
    Hi Gord,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the same bike. Is your fork brace an aftermarket thing? Was the horn a simply plug in? No rewiring or anything else?
    Installation of the horn was very simple: take off the old horn, install the new one using the supplied horn bracket, and reconnect the electrical leads. There is no rewiring whatsoever. The only tools you will need are a socket and wrench set. The electrical connections are a simple plug types; you unplug the old horn and plugin the new horn! It couldn't be simpler

The idea of using the Fiamm Freeway Blaster came from the FZ1OA message board. Do a search there and you can dig up the old threads.

As for the fork brace, it is a Deathgrip Fork Brace manufactured by Bill Jinks, a long-time member of the FZ1OA. He hasn't sold them for a while now, and I don't think he'll be making any more of them (long messy story). I lucked out by finding a second-hand one that was never installed, so I jumped at the chance of buying it.

Holeshot has started making a fork brace that fits the FZ1 as well.

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    wicked.. i know what im doing when im back from surgery.

yyyaaahhh!

Bike
    '09 Bandit SEA
    I thought the horn on my R6 was pretty decent for being a bike horn. Cagers still notice it and get out of the way / apologize for nearly running me over / etc.

Is the Freeway Blaster really that much of a difference?

-Matt

Bike
    I have kids
    It is LOUD. Much louder than my stock horn (which a lot of people think is pretty wimpy).

What else can I say? You gotta hear the difference to know what it's like.

Not Hanging Out Here Array Sailor's Avatar
    Bike
    1978 Twinstar 185
    My fizzer horns says "umm sorry didn't mean to get in your way when you tried to run me off the road...please excuse my foolishness for not moving out of my lane."

I want one that says "HEY!! GET THE F?CK OUT OF THE WAY!!"
    I ride purely, and only, because it is fun.

I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.

**author unknown**

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ1
    Thanks Gord for your info. Candian Tire here I come.