i dont know what the subject is
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i dont know what the subject is

sigtrap

i dont know what the subject is

so on my way home from work i stopped at my dealer to talk to the service department. i had just had my bike in there for a first service and forgot to tell them that the bike would occasionally backfire/pop when i closed the throttle. so i went in there and asked the guy about it and he said that is NORMAL and it's normal for bikes to backfire under hard deceleration. they also just replaced my CCT and i told him the bike still had a bit of a rattle sound and he said that is NORMAL with SUZUKIS, they rattle a bit.
    how much of this is bs? :P
    i dont reallllly think bikes should backfire normally

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    I think he is giving you the run around. When you let of the gas you will here compression popping , but it is not a backfire persay. It`s a muffled pop sound. My bike or any others that I know have never sounded rattley.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    I get that backfire/compression popping sound everytime i accelerate hard, then let off the throttle. Like after wheelies in first, and i relax the throttle or come to a stop..it does it...dont think its a problem.
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

954RR
    I alway see my friend's bike infront of me backfire under hard acceleration...(they all have aftermarket exhaust, i think it is normal if you have aftermarket exhaust, but...dont' think it should backfire with OEM...)

Bike
    K3-1K
    lolz SRAD
    Sportbike: PAN CHOD!!! <<<<< - haha

His name is Wilburt. Array
    Bike
    Buell XB9R
    yup, normal. the rattle may be you cam chain, in this case it would be normal, my tiller does it, just found out its normal. don't know about gixxers. all in all, i think the mechanics right. Angus.
    I want to be a farmer.

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Suzuki has one of the few reliable CCTs out there right now. Sure they make some noise but it's normal. Don't forget you are essentially riding an old school F1 engine with a gas tank mounted on it. It will backfire a bit. Unburnt fuel in the exhaust is usually a sign of a motor tuned to the limits of the acceptable air/fuel ratios.

Your zook is fine.

sigtrap
    ooh that makes me feel better...i do have a yoshi pipe on there, but i figured the FI would compensate for any differences that caused
    i think what i will do is rebuild the motor just to be safe

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Do the pig conversion while you're at it.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    bah
    Originally posted by sigtrap

i think what i will do is rebuild the motor just to be safe
    Rebuild the motor to be safe? From what? It's a 2002 600 isn't it?

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    my buddies gixxer 750 2001, rattles a bit

the "back fire" is more of a popping noise.. its normal

what type of exhaust do you have on the bike. stock or after market, full system or slip on

after market systems will run a bit rich and with out the power commanders or whatever to remap the fuel, the mechanic wont be able to get it perfect. and even with... itll still pop a bit.

sigtrap
    yeah its a 2002 600 with 1800km and it has a yoshi slipon
    i think it needs a rebuild, i want to get more power out of it
    i think it's lost quite a bit, i can't flip it over by cracking open the throttle anymore
    i was thinking abou the pig conversion but i'm not sure, what if i run into that guy and we have the same bike, i will look like a fool (or like dalton)

Bike
    bah
    yeah its a 2002 600 with 1800km and it has a yoshi slipon
    i think it needs a rebuild, i want to get more power out of it
    i think it's lost quite a bit, i can't flip it over by cracking open the throttle anymore
    i was thinking abou the pig conversion but i'm not sure, what if i run into that guy and we have the same bike, i will look like a fool (or like dalton)

Ok I'm still lost. A bike that has 1800 kms on it does not need a rebuild. If there seems to be a power issue, take it to the dealer and bitch. If they say it rides fine go take it to get dynoed. It will cost $25 bux. I should make between 90-100 bhp if not more.

The cost of rebuilding a 600 to make "more power" is CERTAINLY more than selling it and buying a 750.

If the power comparison is only around the ability to wheelie I'd get it dynoed first then look at something simple like adjusting your now stretched throttle cables.

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Dude, it's so obvious he need a complete rebuild.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    2003 GSXR 1000

Re: i dont know what the subject is

so on my way home from work i stopped at my dealer to talk to the service department. i had just had my bike in there for a first service and forgot to tell them that the bike would occasionally backfire/pop when i closed the throttle. so i went in there and asked the guy about it and he said that is NORMAL and it's normal for bikes to backfire under hard deceleration. they also just replaced my CCT and i told him the bike still had a bit of a rattle sound and he said that is NORMAL with SUZUKIS, they rattle a bit.
    how much of this is bs? :P
    i dont reallllly think bikes should backfire normally
    have u done the TRE and PAIR mod to your bike yet? If not, maybe u should look into it Really worth it u'll notice the difference
    R.I.P. - Corey(Xyban)