Leather Gear Care

Thread: Leather Gear Care

Registered User Array

Leather Gear Care

Hi All!

My leather A* Gear is starting to get a little buggy for my taste . Anybody have suggestions or links for the products used for gear (jacket, pants, gloves, boots): cleaning, conditioning, treating and procedure?

I did a quick search on google, but wasn't satisfied with the info I found. It's good gear and I think it deserves some proper lovin' once in a while.

2. Remove Advertisements

'89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner products are excellent and not too hard to find - I got mine at Quick Cobbler on 2nd Ave just east of Cambie (awesome for boot repairs too!). Use a sponge for applying the solutions, and a soft cloth to remove any excess.

The Dainese and Ducati leather care products are also excellent - their high-end leathers come with a set and refills are available - Vancouver BMW Ducati on Grandview should stock them. They are re-branded "Leather Master" products, so you might be able to find them at leather furnishing places.

For boots my current favorite is Montana Pitch-blend (also from Quick Cobbler) - I use a stiff nylon boot brush for initial cleaning, work the Pitch-blend in by hand, then buff them up with a second brush.
    WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

My own little world
    +1 on the Lexol! My gear looks brand new all the time. I've also used saddle soap which worked as well one time I ran out of the Lexol. I can't remember what brand it is but I have it to clean my cars leather seats, steering wheel etc...

Wait for me, I'm SLOW Array Ape Man 2007's Avatar
    They're all "Made in China"
    Lexol user here to!

I do a full treatment before I store my leathers for the winter.
    F**k STARBUCKS !!!! ..... I'm posing in front of Tim Hortons.

Life's to SHORT, don't WASTE it.

Recycle - SAVE the Planet !