Needed: stock sv650 exhaust and rearsets
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Needed: stock sv650 exhaust and rearsets

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696

Needed: stock sv650 exhaust and rearsets

I recently wrote off my 05 sv650 and I'm trying to recover some of my aftermarket parts from it, in particular my yoshimura trs full exhaust and my Gilles rearsets. ICBC is saying I have to replace them with stock parts, which I do not have.

If any of you have these stock parts available, I'm looking to take them off your hands for cheap, beer, or barter photography services. (my profession.) could be a bike shoot, family portrait, or whatever.

Thanks,
    matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696

Needed: stock sv650 exhaust and rearsets!

Sorry for cross-posting this from the classifieds, but it's semi-urgent and I'm hoping to find these ASAP!

I recently wrote off my 05 sv650 and I'm trying to recover some of my aftermarket parts from it before it's sent to salvage, in particular my yoshimura trs full exhaust and my Gilles rearsets. ICBC is saying I have to replace them with stock parts, which I do not have.

If any of you have these stock parts available, I'm looking to take them off your hands for cheap, beer, or barter photography services (my profession.) Could be a bike shoot, family portrait, or whatever.

Thanks,
    matt
    Last edited by malamikigo; 09-13-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Bump. Do you know someone with an SV650? Maybe they've got stock parts they'd sell?

Bike
    SV650s street, Ninja 250r track
    I still have my stock sv650 exhaust.. but it's sawed off since my yosh is a slip on

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Hmm. Maybe I can find the header stuff elsewhere. Where you located?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    sv
    I have the stock can, it's been sawed off for a slip-on but you can get a union piece and clamp it together. I also have turn signals, stock fender, and might be able to part with some of the front end parts since I am working on converting my S to an N. I'd be interested in the speedo lower housing pieces if there is sany way you can get them off the bike without icbc knowing.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    Have you tried Supersport in Langley? They have a ton of stuff and it's not exactly expensive...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    sv
    actually, I have an old crappy Yosh exhaust too, I think all you would need is the clamp. It is messed up internally though so worth almost nothing.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by millski View Post
    I have the stock can, it's been sawed off for a slip-on but you can get a union piece and clamp it together. I also have turn signals, stock fender, and might be able to part with some of the front end parts since I am working on converting my S to an N. I'd be interested in the speedo lower housing pieces if there is sany way you can get them off the bike without icbc knowing.
    Might be interested in the stock can if I can find the remaining needed piping as well, thanks. Not sure about pulling additional stuff off the bike like the speedo lower housing stuff. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving View Post
    Have you tried Supersport in Langley? They have a ton of stuff and it's not exactly expensive...
    I have an email in to them, they didn't answer their phone. Tried chop shop too, they had nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by millski View Post
    actually, I have an old crappy Yosh exhaust too, I think all you would need is the clamp. It is messed up internally though so worth almost nothing.
    Doesn't really matter if it's messed internally, I just need to put *anything* on the bike to remove mine. But mine is a full exhaust so I actually need the full exhaust system right from the engine block back to replace. Is this just the can?

Bike
    K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    go see the Superbike guy in Langley Matt...he has tons of parts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    You talking about Supersport, Greg?

http://www.motorcycle-parts.ca/

^ this place?

Bike
    yes, I spent a few hours in there Saturday, you could almost build another SV with what he has, and he is still having the big sale, really wants to get rid of stuff... I am going back on this Saturday with a laundry list and car to haul it away in...
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Hmm, sounds pretty promising...I emailed him to ask but sounds like he's pretty busy and has massive stock so might be hard to get a reply. It's quite a ways to drive for me without knowing for sure he'll have what I need. Definitely quite a bit of SV stuff you saw though?

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    I've gotten a few parts there for the Bandit, which was surprising given how uncommon they are, but he's always gotten back to me within a day or two at most... and that's when I'm asking for something as obscure and hard to ID as an igniter box/CDI!

And yeah he has a metric friggin ton of SV stuff.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Hmm, sounds pretty promising...I emailed him to ask but sounds like he's pretty busy and has massive stock so might be hard to get a reply. It's quite a ways to drive for me without knowing for sure he'll have what I need. Definitely quite a bit of SV stuff you saw though?
    Matt. You have to see it to believe it, racks and racks of parts, literally dozens and dozens of exhaust cans, wheels, boxes of cable sets, controls, carbs. tanks everywhere, plastics all over the place... it is crazy all the stuff he has