So I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my recently written off SV650. It *was* in fantastic shape, low mileage, totally reliable, and I had recently put almost a grand into it with new tires, new sprockets and chain, and braided front brake lines.
But now it is le smash.
I'm actually a little surprised it's a write-off, considering it really doesn't look so bad, but I guess all the little shit adds up and icbc has to repair everything.
Anyway, I have the option of retaining it and repairing it myself. Approximate numbers are that I will be offered about $2500 plus the bike.
Here's what it looks like in it's current state...
1) front end junk is all bent and smashed...instrument cluster is gone-zo.
2) signals are smashered off:
3) Bent handlebar
4) front headlight stuff all bent to the side. The actual headlight didn't even smash:
5) mirror is toast.
6) Tank has rub marks on both sides...not even sure what from....my leathers?? Could tthis be buffed out, I wonder?
7) Brake reservoir was snapped off but actually didn't disconnect or lose any fluid from what I can tell. Unsure if the brake/master cylinder itself is still solid.
8) Starter button has vanished. Still managed to start it by jamming my pinky in there on the button