All I can do is shake my head....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All I can do is shake my head....

2014 BMW R1200GSA

All I can do is shake my head....

I have no problems with LEOs. They have a very difficult job to do and I for one would not want to do it. I try not to bash as they are just doing their job but sometimes I just have to say WTF...

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    How do people this stupid get allowed to carry guns and 'police' the public? This idiot should be fired on the spot.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    Observational evidence that many of 'policies' that are 'policed' are actually determined and dictated by the Insurance Corporation of B.C.

"ignorance of the law is not an excuse"
    -Where do you stand vis-à-vis the law?
    First, there's a huge difference between being arrested and being guilty. Second, see, the law changes and I don't. How I stand vis-à-vis the law at any given moment depends on the law. The law can change from state to state, from nation to nation, from city to city. I guess I have to go by a higher law.

--Hunter S. Thompson
    Last edited by DNAspark99; 09-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

K9 Vstrom 1000, 1979 XS100 Special.
    I kept waiting for the part when he started to use the tazer on her ...... disappointed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Peewee and Kevin from Bayside should get together and start a bike shop called, Fuck you and the bike you rode in on.

Registered User Array
    CBR125R, Bandit 1250S
    Wow, pretty screwed up interpretation of the law.

Leaving parked vehicle
    191 (1) A motor vehicle must be equipped with a lock or other device to prevent the unauthorized use of the motor vehicle.

(2) A driver must not permit a motor vehicle to stand unattended or parked unless the driver has
    (a) locked it or made it secure in a manner that prevents its unauthorized use, and
    (b) if the motor vehicle is standing on a grade, turned the front wheels of the vehicle to the curb or side of the highway.
    The law didn't say to prevent the access to the vehicle's "cockpit".

Basically, a motor vehicle needs an ignition lock, and the key cannot be left in the ignition. And the vehicle cannot roll off on its own into traffic. Having said that if the ignition lock was faulty or damaged and a steering lock was not in use then the officer may have a point.

Otherwise, all motorcycles can be ticketed if we just go by the officer's interpretation, unless a rider parks it in a locked trailer.
    Last edited by TechyIam; 09-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    Wonderful public relations there, mr RCMP.

Is it any wonder why people have so little respect for that uniform these days, just one story after another about RCMP debacles.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

did that guy in the province picture turn his iphone into a cell phone flask?

this is coming from the Province newspaper where the ridiculous and stupid of society comes out in full force.

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    R6, F4 stunter
    Another fine example of our officers preventing crime and manufacturing it at the same time.

New West
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    more reason to hate the people who are cops.
    as i have said before, i don't hate cops. just the people who are cops.

2015 Ducati Full Throttle
    Well thats it then I'll be rollin the windows up on my Tiger in future.
    "You can't make the roads safer by hiding in the bushes"

Those guys are f#%@ed Array steven's Avatar
    South Granville
    2006 DRZed 400sm
    We don't have the whole story.

Such as, maybe she refused to go out on a date with the officer in question.

Maybe she drives like a pill popping soccer mom and the officer merely wanted her to know that laws do indeed exist.

Maybe the cop is an idiot who wants to get fired or transfered.

Maybe we're all just sitting around bored out of our trees discussing a non-news story.

Ya just don't know.
    screw it, I'm leaving

corner worker Array solo soldier's Avatar
    Where no one can find me!
    I need more room in the shop!
    Reading this makes me think, how many times I have seen drivers leave their transport truck, unlocked and running at a truck stop to grab a cup of coffee!
    OMG! I do it too, I'm so ashamed of myself, me a criminal, and I didn't even know it!

Thank you officer Dick Head, now go find some real criminals instead of looking up laws from the late 1800's, and yes, I always carry a dollar in my pocket just in case.

2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    It's the Province and one woman's letter to the editor. FFS, for all we know she was driving like an asshat, speeding in the school zone, late for work, on her phone while eating a cheesburger and the cop lost sight of her, knew a regular ticket wouldn't stick, so he did the next best thing. I mean come on, a little back story please before I believe anything in the Province. I'm sure the island is full of cops just cruising school parking lots looking for open windows.
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

2005 Warrior 1700, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    I leave my windows half way open in summer, I keep my sunroof open.

To secure the car .... 150 lbs Rhodesian Ridgeback in the back seat

Quote Originally Posted by Cuff View Post

I was going to write something but I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islesfan91 View Post

what was the topic again?