From Russia with Love

Thread: From Russia with Love

British Columbia

From Russia with Love

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX
    I doubt he's the first, only or last
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    I doubt he's the first, only or last
    That's for sure.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    2012 ninja 650
    at first I thought he had married someone less than half his age, but then read she was 72. That sucks, but it happens. It won't be the last time someone gets screwed in a bad way while looking for love.
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac
    lots of guys get fucked like that up here and not just from russian 'wives'.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

eastern Fraser Valley
    2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
    Sad, but I guess there's no fool like an old fool...
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."
    ~Last words of Gen. Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

You'd be surprised Array G Hats's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    2007 KTM Superduke 990
    obviously this pisses me off that our system allows this to happen without any real recourse for the man. But, it also pisses me off that people can be so damn naive to the fact that it will happen to them. Come on, you can't expect anything good when importing a wife from a rough country.

It is your duty to be educated on the law of every endeavor you do take in your life. Same goes with the impounding law! yeah the law sucks, but its also ridiculous to argue that you "didn't know".

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Suzuki Bandit
    He would have been better off importing her under the nanny loopholes. You aren't responsible for them, and they can apply for permanent residence status after a few years. If they decide to screw off and go on welfare, it's up to the government to deal with them, not you.

A few mail order brides I heard of who had grand plans to do what this woman did have been surprised by how this immigration program works out. The husbands were the ones who sought legal counsel on how to bring them over and protect themselves, so the lawyers told them to bring them in under the nanny program "just tell them it's faster and easier." And then they don't get married.

They stick around for a few years, get some walking around money and a place to live, and if they want to leave when they get permanent resident status that's up to them, the guy just brings over another one without having to split any of his assets.