How not to sell a bike.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: How not to sell a bike.

  1. #1
    Registered User Array bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650

    How not to sell a bike.

    http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...-GS500F-Low-km

    Here is your typical example of how NOT to sell a bike.

    Been for sale for OVER a year. Bumps, bumps.

    How do you expect to actually sell this bike?

    I just sold a really nice condition k8 gsxr 750 for a grand more than this bikes asking price.

    Sold in less than 10 days.

    This bike would sell probably quickly in around the $3200 mark. Why hold out a year for the extra $1000?

    I do not get it. Granted it's low km's, and the owner probably paid full pop... but at the end of the day, if you want to move it... it's not worth much. Sell it or ride it.

    Must have paid full retail pop plus tax and can't figure out what it's actually worth to move such a bike.
    Last edited by bandito; 10-27-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

  2. #2
    Registered User Array Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Alderhole
    Bike
    2009 gs500f
    SShhh. I will be selling my gs500f soon. This add will make mine seem like a huge discount

  3. #3
    Green Array stonecold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    I have never sat on any of my bikes for more than two weeks. If you buy right you can pass on those savings and sell quickly. There is a lot to be said for cash in hand. I would rather take 20% less and get cash in my hand that month as opposed to waiting.

  4. #4
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    maybe it's one of those "but honey, i AM trying to sell it. see. no one wants to buy it" things
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  5. #5
    Custom User Title Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    007 Yammy R6
    Then I must be doing it all wrong, secretly I didn't want to sell it but need the money....well not really.

  6. #6
    I was born to ride! Array trademark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S. Delta
    Bike
    2011 CBR 600RR
    I have an '07E and I am regularly checking out other GS500's on CL. They sell around the $3500 mark (in high season) from what I have been seeing. The price really needs to be dropped as it's way too high.
    What is the difference between men and women?
    A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.

  7. #7
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    i like this part
    I would like to sell it because I've grown out of it and now i'm looking for something more powerful.

    This is a fabulous starter bike for any new rider.

    As of September 26, 2012 it has 2850 km
    aka "my buddies all have 600s and are making fun of me for riding this thing"
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  8. #8
    Moderator Array Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford
    Bike
    1098
    Starting "How not to" threads could be a slippery slope for some people.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)


  9. #9
    Registered User Array BROSKI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...-GS500F-Low-km

    Here is your typical example of how NOT to sell a bike.

    Been for sale for OVER a year. Bumps, bumps.

    How do you expect to actually sell this bike?

    I just sold a really nice condition k8 gsxr 750 for a grand more than this bikes asking price.

    Sold in less than 10 days.


    This bike would sell probably quickly in around the $3200 mark. Why hold out a year for the extra $1000?

    I do not get it. Granted it's low km's, and the owner probably paid full pop... but at the end of the day, if you want to move it... it's not worth much. Sell it or ride it.

    Must have paid full retail pop plus tax and can't figure out what it's actually worth to move such a bike.
    10 days? Or do you mean 10 days since your latest attempt? I thought you were trying to sell your bike for the better part of this summer. The price went from 7xxx to 5000 something.... given u ran into a shitty situation with the whole previous accident revelation but still.. you took your sweet time. :/

    But i agree with what you're generally saying... people trying to sell stuff should do their homework and ask a reasonable, competitive price... the longer they wait the less they are likely to get for it.. if they manage to sell it at all.
    Last edited by BROSKI; 10-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Burnaby
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    THis thread is starting to reveal some entertainment potential.
    ...Let's watch!

  11. #11
    Registered Abuser Array IllA4-1.8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pemberton
    Bike
    07 Aprilia RSV1000R, '00 Honda CBR929RR
    Needs something more powerful? Awesome! Judging by the 1" chicken strips he (or she's) really pushed the bike way beyond it's potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Fallen Comrades?

    Some random twat who binned his bike is a "fallen comrade?"

  12. #12
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    abbotsford
    Bike
    2010 fjr 1300
    some people sell shit cause they need to others sell shit to make a buck
    theres a dummy born every day and someone migh just pay an over inflated price for someones junk
    its almost a game to some people
    i know it is for me as i love buying low and selling high
    its where i get my mad money

  13. #13
    Registered User Array BROSKI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_123 View Post
    some people sell shit cause they need to others sell shit to make a buck
    theres a dummy born every day and someone migh just pay an over inflated price for someones junk
    its almost a game to some people
    i know it is for me as i love buying low and selling high
    its where i get my mad money
    Guys never sell to or buy from this guy!

  14. #14
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    abbotsford
    Bike
    2010 fjr 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by BROSKI View Post
    Guys never sell to or buy from this guy!
    ive found you only make good cash on big ticket items
    cars trucks rvs nice bikes equipment of any kind
    so i leave all my petty sales for bcsb guys
    its known fact guys on public forums are the cheapest looky lous around

  15. #15
    Registered User Array BROSKI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_123 View Post
    ive found you only make good cash on big ticket items
    cars trucks rvs nice bikes equipment of any kind
    so i leave all my petty sales for bcsb guys
    its known fact guys on public forums are the cheapest looky lous around
    All what you said was right on the money. Its the big ticket items that pay off big in the long run..... running after petty money on small items just takes a lot of energy and time out of you with next to nothing in return.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •