Local bike shop competition
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Local bike shop competition

  1. #1
    Registered User Array Steve G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down here
    Bike
    ummm

    Local bike shop competition

    This can't be good for Metro Vancouver dealers of all Piaggio products, and within a month, BMW motorcycles. Only an hour ride away. Can't be good for Moto International or Ride's West BMW either.
    http://www.pacificnwmotorcycles.com/...a/aprilia.html

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Not exactly high volume brands of bikes. I don't really see the threat, expecially when one considers an typical Aprillia Owner, they would probably prefer to buy from the shop that will service the bike.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

  4. #3
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    2009 BMW F650GS
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Not exactly high volume brands of bikes. I don't really see the threat, expecially when one considers an typical Aprillia Owner, they would probably prefer to buy from the shop that will service the bike.
    As I've read and as I've said, you are not buying a bike... you are buying the service.

  5. #4
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Won't win any prizes for that website, what crap, does not leave me with
    Any warm fuzzy feelings that really suggest they are in the business..1st impressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  6. #5
    must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sunny surrey
    Bike
    a few pretties
    no warm fuzzy feeling there , and no easy way to threaten mechanics
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

    wmrc #9

  7. #6
    Green Array stonecold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Won't win any prizes for that website, what crap, does not leave me with
    Any warm fuzzy feelings that really suggest they are in the business..1st impressions.
    I concour.

  8. #7
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanbc View Post
    As I've read and as I've said, you are not buying a bike... you are buying the service.
    bought mine from Pacific. Tried to get service done there. I'd rather take 2 hours and go to Chilliwack to Valley Yamaha for it now.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  9. #8
    Registered User Array BMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    1200 RT
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    I concour.
    Isn't that a Kawasaki model? Hit "Like" if you concur.

    ;-)

  10. #9
    Registered User Array bandito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    Won't win any prizes for that website, what crap, does not leave me with
    Any warm fuzzy feelings that really suggest they are in the business..1st impressions.
    I've driven by this thing 4 times recently... it's a little log cabin type shop... not very big, in the middle of nowhere on Meridian...

    I was going to stop in yesterday actually, but the shit they had parked outside made me think it was a scooter shop... so I just kept on going.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

  11. #10
    backslider Array K-rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at a critical lean angle
    Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    bought mine from Pacific. Tried to get service done there. I'd rather take 2 hours and go to Chilliwack to Valley Yamaha for it now.

    That's not very positive advertising for Pacific ... care to elaborate?

  12. #11
    I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    hard in the mac
    Bike
    rsv4r
    couldnt book service. was told about something 2 week booking or some other. with my work schedule it didnt work. im not a retired guy with nothing to do and only having a month of riding left.

    called valley yamaha and they took care of me next day.

    im not the only one with that issue.

    sales/parts staff were great at pacific, dont get me wrong. service i felt like i was doing them a favour trying to get warranty work done on the bike.
    Last edited by made Man; 11-04-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

  13. #12
    Green Array stonecold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Bike
    2009 ZX6R---2008 KLX 450 SM---2005 SV650
    I concur, one day I will concours

  14. #13
    Registered User Array Infuria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    2014 Ninja 300
    The prices arn't that great on that site as well...

    RSV4 Factory - $21k @ PNM
    RSV4 Factory - $23 @ Pacific ... plus they are offering some factory rebates ATM for $2k off

    Meh... I'd keep my $ local for the negligible difference when your talking about $20k for a bike(and no, i'm not a 1%-5%)

  15. #14
    Moderator Array CHIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New West
    Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infuria View Post
    The prices arn't that great on that site as well...

    RSV4 Factory - $21k @ PNM
    RSV4 Factory - $23 @ Pacific ... plus they are offering some factory rebates ATM for $2k off

    Meh... I'd keep my $ local for the negligible difference when your talking about $20k for a bike(and no, i'm not a 1%-5%)
    In fairness, your best price will be when you show up in person, ready to lay down some $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!
    .

    ** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **


  16. #15
    Moderator Array Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford
    Bike
    1098
    I was there today, not open but I took some pics.
    Not sure how somebody sees this as a Log cabin.
    Lots of neat bikes in there, and lots of scooters and gear.
    Attached Images      
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •