Jesus, what a license death sentence

Thread: Jesus, what a license death sentence

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click

Jesus, what a license death sentence

Edited by author, to minimise info for the enforcers.

I did the ******* **** yeasterday. It was my first real attack ride on the new 9R. I found out yesterday what this bike is the absolute master of: Incredibly high speed curving highway riding. I came back via ********** and was loafing along betwen 180-220 for almost the the entire distance, sitting straight up! The wind force on my 6' high head started to strain my neck when sustained over 200k riding was observed but, not too bad.

Bumpy backroad stuff still needs a little tweaking on the stock suspension but, it's within the realm of possibility for this bike to be good at that, too, within reason, considering it's weight and somewhat startling power delivery.

This bike is a license death sentence. The whole fun of this machine is in the Go-Straight-To-Jail Zone. It hasn't got a ton of low-end torque so, it's no V-Max for low-speed fun. This could forseeably be a problem....

Crotch

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Feel the Force Luke.......

It takes a LOT to upset the 9'er. I once hit a lip in the road where it had cracked and the far section had lifted about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

I was hard over in a sporty turn and the lip was hidden right at the shadow line of a tree so I didn't see it until MUCH too late.

The bike lurched and instantly lost about 2 feet of roadway sideways and upon landing it gave one small little head to toe shake and then it was back to business.

It hit so hard up through my hands and butt that I was amazed that I didn't bend my front wheel rim on that one.

That sort of stability is worth a LOT in my books.

Glad to hear you're having a good time. Now just learn to meter out that ticket inducing speed a bit more stingily....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    Agreed on the stability issue. I find the bike takes a very deliberate push to lean but cooperates well when leaned over. The bike often seems more twitchy than it is, especially under full-chat acceleration but, that's just cuz the front wheel doesn't want to stay down all the way. <G>

Suspension seems at times both too hard and too soft, depending on situation. I need to fiddle with it some more to get it the best it can be. Springs are ok b/c I'm pretty light, now let's see whautzup with the damping.

Crotch