BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

California Superbike School 2013 Schedule!!

7K views 75 replies 28 participants last post by  Jaybo 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

The 2013 California Superbike School Schedule is now posted!!

http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule/

I'll be coaching the three days at the Ridge Motorsports Park and if you haven't been yet GO!!! It's an amazing track and sooooo much fun to ride. I can't wait to get back there again. I'm hoping to get to Vegas and a few of the CA schools as well depending on timeand organizing life around two little kids. The school will also be using the new 2103 model of the BMW S1000RR as well, these bikes are sweet :evilgrin

Happy riding!!

Misti

#3 ·
Hey guys,

The 2013 California Superbike School Schedule is now posted!!

http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule/

I'll be coaching the three days at the Ridge Motorsports Park and if you haven't been yet GO!!! It's an amazing track and sooooo much fun to ride. I can't wait to get back there again. I'm hoping to get to Vegas and a few of the CA schools as well depending on time and organizing life around two little kids. The school will also be using the new 2103 model of the BMW S1000RR as well, these bikes are sweet :evilgrin

Happy riding!!

Misti
so ummm, i guess that means you're not single?

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Reactions: derekmcl
#6 ·
Just booked this off: Jul 16 The Ridge Motorsports Park
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Misti, there's lots of space behind the pits - Minisonic & some of the other young ones had a ball back there this past season. Bringing bicycles (or a Big Wheel, etc) is a great idea :)

#13 ·
HA!

i thought the same thing when i first saw the thread - hence my post.
if it had been in track/events i wouldn't have bothered - doesn't seem so off the wall now eh?

#9 · (Edited)
Yah, I don't know why this is not in the racing/track forum. It is not an event for 99% of the riders here. Therefore it is an ad.

Also, apparently its lame. Riding a s100r around a track in rain mode is apparently as exciting as an uncorked ninja 250. As stated by a recent attendee.

Now if you want a serious racing school... several very fast people have told me that Yamaha School of Champions is the one.

#11 ·
I guess your attendee never made it through the day without crashing?

Because they give you all gears and power (sport mode) by the end of level one so.....

People love to hate on something that's great.

Misti glad to hear you are teaching those days can't wait to get owned by a female on the track :p

#12 · (Edited)
Dunno. That was the only comment. That and that Code was there but didn't speak. Which the 'attendee' felt was lame. Whatever. I think it is likely a waste of cash for many. The 'attendee' can post her own reveiw if she likes.

By the way, if getting owned by a chick is your thing, there are professionals that do that sort of thing for a living... you might be better off with something like that...

#15 ·
It's a fucking sportbike forum and 98% of the peeps here should be affected by it by attending a school or three!
Those of you with the vastly superior skills should perhaps be restricted to the racing track forum. Perhaps the 98% don't ever look in the racing/track forum even though every one of them should!
Misty is awesome, Code has a system. It works for most but I don't care which school gets planted in a riders brain (or where in this forum): as long as it plants a seed of learning which may just save someone's life let alone increase their enjoyment of the bike!

Thank you for your attention. You may resume pondering Fishlips tinfoil trolling!

#19 ·
Racing/Track? The fact that it's close with so much value definitely deserves reaching as many interested parties as possible.

By the way, you you're reading this thread/forum/ride a motorcycle you should be interested...

several grand though... it was hard enough to stomach the cop course. Maybe just the 1-day.

#20 · (Edited)
All I did was post a link to the schedule for the California Superbike School which I have taken as a student and which I happen to be a riding coach for because I thought that some people here would be interested to know that it is out, and that they are now offering classes at The Ridge which is the closest to BC that they come. No need to get all pissy about it.

Misti[/QUOTE]

All you did was post an ad for a business you are associated with, which I believe is against the forum rules. Does CASB support BCSB with a banner ad or something?

Have you contributed to this site in any other way recently? Or did you just drop on for some business?

Last, your avatar is Supergirl and you post a link to your vanity site in your sig. You are immune to flaming for what reason? Because you have a vagina? If a dude called himself Superman (un-ironically) and posted his vanity site we would Taimoor his ass. Do you read this forum enough to even know what that means?

#22 ·
Jay - please, that's enough.

I don't really see much difference between Misti letting us know about CSS training opportunities, and Nancy posting up about Pitt Meadows track days, or Tommy and Blair posting up about Chicken Strips BBQs -- they're all opportunities for us riders to improve, and I'm glad to know about them.

#24 ·
good point, just like spero posting up for STAR school, or stykman for ART classes - but at least all those people are regular contributors.
and those things are mostly for the local (BC) community.

the big difference tho is cost - $2500 for a two day course is getting up there.

in comparison i could FOUR two-day schools with the STAR school for pretty much the same money. i think i'd progress far more as a rider with that option and get in way more riding time/fun as well.

it would be interesting to hear from people that have done both and what their thoughts and comparisons are on teh two schools.

#23 · (Edited)
Nancy doesn't have "supercop" as an avatar, and her's is a Vancouver based gig that I don't think is done for profit. Ditto for Tommy and Blair.

Disagree or not, I don't care for Marcel Irnie's stuff and I feel the same about Misti. They only drop in to self promote. Spero posts about Pridmore, but he posts other stuff as well.

"That's enough"? LOL. Are you my fucking mom?

#27 ·
Nancy doesn't have "supercop" as an avatar, and hers is a Vancouver based gig that I don't think is done for profit. Ditto for Tommy and Blair.

Disagree or not, I don't care for Marcel Irnie's stuff and I feel the same about Misti. They only drop in to self promote. Spero posts about Pridmore, but he posts other stuff as well.

"That's enough"? LOL. Are you my fucking mom?
The best way for a business (or anyone for that matter) to get better is by listening to constructive feedback, good or bad. Have you been? If not, then your words aren't really relevant.

So she posted up a link to CSS, big deal - I'd have posted it if she didn't beat me to it. The fact that it's another track day in our neck of the woods with a professionally-run school is AMAZING. If you haven't been to The Ridge then GO :evilgrin

I didn't go to CSS last year because they only offered their 2-day weekend, which you get to ride their S1000RRs. The weekend package was out of my price range & I wanted to focus on riding my own bike, so I took the SV to a couple other track provider days. THIS year however, they DO have a single track day which I CAN ride my SV which KICKS ASS!!!! I'm hoping that the feedback I gave Misti last year in wanting to ride my own bike may have been an influence in adding that track day :)

Since I haven't been to CSS yet, and I'll ask the guy that did go last year to put his 2c in - from his posts on another forum he had a blast!

#25 · (Edited)
CSS Includes a prepped bike. STAR is bring your own which means you have to transport etc. CSS is fly in and ride. Of course it costs more.

And yes I do defend it! This is BCSB not WMRC. 98% of the peeps here need this course not a full throttle race school! Is it really this complex?

caveat: I have always said take the WCSB school ART course first!

edit: I do not blame my phone for being an asshole

#29 ·
CSS Includes a preped bike. STAR is bring your own which means you have to transport etc. CSS is fly in and ride. Of course it costs more.

And yes I do defend it! This is BCSB not WMRC. 98% of the peeps here need this course not a full throttle race school! Is it really this complex?

i'm not saying that people don't need it, but do you seriously think ART is a full blown race shcool?
a school in your backyard for under $400 is great place to start. if you want less of the "race" mode then take the school with PRS.

but seriously, a rider looking/willing to spend $2500 just on school costs plus another $500 on travel/hotel/food is probably not going to be a noob looking to learn basic street skills.

#30 ·
I'm going to answer that (what I think CSS, ART etc are about) but I'm on my way to watch Pi with the movie group.

But in a nutshell; there are two kinds of learning in regards to motorcycle riding from the students perspective. Road survival skills and Machine capability skills.

PRS (and similar schools) are survival skills and basic machine operation

ART is the next level of machine operation and if a student is interested; an introduction to track days and possibly racing.

CSS is is an all-inclusive fantasy camp to ride real trackbikes on real tracks and learn real skills to ride a bike very fast if one so chooses to. The fact is from my observations of several CSS schools I attended; its mostly made up of students that always wanted to learn but never had the opportunity as well as generally newer track riders and experienced racers. There are not a whole lot of well run, reputable schools with a proven system to choose from. You ain't going to gain entry to an AMA grid because you attended a CSS 2 day school! But you will improve your skills significantly even if you are an accomplished rider if you get with the program and are willing to learn. If you go there with the attitude "this is so basic I don't need to think or listen" then no, you won't learn a damn thing. They do tailor your instruction to your abilities but there is a sequence of learning steps to follow.

STAR is what I consider full on racer training. I've never attended a class yet but i want to! But I wouldn't expect that it's really appropriate for most riders on this forum. WMRC members for sure! I may be wrong and often am.

Fuck it! I answered! Time for a Bellini and a movie! :flip

#31 · (Edited)
ok i'm a bit confused by your answer(s). you previously said that most people here don't need a full throttle race school but more of a rider training/machine control school - which is what i see ART as once you get past basic operation. but then you go on to say CSS is an all-inclusive fantasy camp with real track bikes on real tracks to learn to ride very fast. those thoughts seem to contradict each other.

having done ART with PRS (my first riding school experience) i can say it's a great way to start to learn how to really control a motorcycle.

having done the STAR school i can say that it doesn't have to be a full-on race school. it can be for the riders in the advanced group, but in the street group there were riders of varying ability and the instrutors took the time to help everyone get the most out of their riding. the biggest thing i took away from the STAR school was the importance of the efficient and smooth operation of the bike. and this is something that will benefit any rider at any level.

#32 ·
Hey dasein, i think you need to grow up and shut up. Useful for some, knowledge is power, i have read many a post by yourself, you need to get a life champ!!!! I dont race just do track days but yes the css course would be a blast, money is tight as always so perhaps another year.

#35 ·
bah! my reading and comprehension skills are fine, it's my bias sitting on the other side of this fence that i let get in the way.

it sounds like STAR and CSS may be similar in the program they deliver - depending on what the rider chooses of course ;)

i appreciate the higher cost with included bike/gear rental - but that's the only option if you want to do the two day program.
it would be nice if there was a pack your own lunch option for CSS but i'm guessing that doesn't float with their curriculum or teaching methods.

like i said though, i feel i'd get more value out of 8 days at STAR vs 2 at CSS.

i still love to hear opinions from those that have done both though and can compare the two.
if you're out there and not willing to post here then fire me a pm!

#42 ·
dunno, not getting involved, Now.. if the RACE class came to the Ridge I could be interested in trying another school.

#43 ·
i've done racer training through wcss... on a 250. had a ton of fun and learned a lot.
i'd consider css but i've never been on anything faster than my 250, and i should probably learn a lot of the throttle control on a faster bike before signing up for css
not everyone has a litre bike they can bring to STAR...
maybe next year...

#44 ·
you don't need a litre bike to go to STAR, plenty of guys there on 600's, even a guy on an SV.

as stated, my experience with STAR was that it was not a full out race school. it was a school designed to help the rider become more efficient and smooth in the operation of the bike - key things for riding quick at the track and more importantly safely on the street.

#45 ·
Yeah, my comment to a fast guy was to ask if champions school would include gaming a racetrack. He said yes, more than the other schools. For general riding you can't go wrong with any of them. Start with the local ones though... WCSS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.