Speaking of music

Thread: Speaking of music

Speaking of music

Does anyone listen to music while riding? I am not sure if it is Illigal or not but I use my MP3 player all the time. Not so loud that I can't hear traffic or better yet the musical sound of my arrow slip on.

2. Remove Advertisements

Ive thought about this before.... I havent seen anyone myself, but Im pretty sure there's guys out there that do.

I've thought about using my MP3 player while I ride but then I decided not too... thinking about riding and being distracted by music didnt soudn too smart of an idea.

Im still a newbie so I feel like I need all my senses while I ride.

i did it for a while until i really found it was distracting and obviously dangerous....to each his own, just be extra careful if you're gonna do it

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Naked SV
    Earplugs are the ONLY way to go, and they came in handy for the Dyno day when Ryan and Jim had their bikes sound off!

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

2005 FZ6
    If I have my communicators hooked up I plug my mp3 player into it and listen, because if I am using the communicators then it is a long ride. Otherwise I don't listen to it around town.
    WMRC #749

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock

'96 CBR 600 f3 Smokin Joe replica and a '92 f2 track bike
    It is illegal to wear a discman/mp3 player/walkman while riding a motorcycle. Rider to passanger communicators are allowed as are dash mount stereos ie. goldwings deckers etc. BUT I have been stopped while listening to my discman and the only thing the officer said was keep the volume down and he also suggested a single ear bud (like the FBI on presidential detail (movies) wear). This works and you can still hear, however I would still recommend keeping the volume turned down.