Pants with full armor

Thread: Pants with full armor

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Ducati M696

Pants with full armor

I have read through many many threads after my search. I'm sure this has been done to death but I will post anyways.

I'm looking for some pants. Right now I ride with riding jeans, lined with kevlar with knee and hip armour ( hip armour is basically just foam) They serve their purpose well for tooling around at slow speeds in the city but I'm after more protection. I don't want full leather. Someone mentioned Shift Havoc pants, they seem right up my alley except they only have knee armour. I really want knee/shin and hip armour and preferably something on the thigh as well. I don't even think you can get Shift Havoc pants anymore anyways. I did like the idea of a hybrid of leather and textile but with more armour.

I'm a new rider and not a very spirited one at that. I have 2 kids so I tend to play it pretty safe but that of course doesn't mean shit. I simply want better pant protection. I either find a good textile pant with virtually no armour or under body armour. I want it all in a pant. Is there anything out there where someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Last edited by DaMann; 11-30-2012 at 05:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Ducati M696
    I just saw a few posts below in the winter gear thread the Rev'it Gear Pants. They seem almost what I'm looking for, but would like more armour

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    BMW City pants ... or, alternatively, any leather pants plus Bohn Adventure Pants underneath. I use the second option, since it means they armor doesn't move at all in impact.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Ducati M696
    How do you find the Bohn's? I'm starting to lean that way

Bike
    THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCHES
    Haven't had them shift on me in any of my offs. I wear me under Kevlar jeans for work - cant see em at all - and under leather icon pants for the more spirited rides. The fact the armor doesn't shift is what I like best about them.