New Local Track

Thread: New Local Track

Registered User Array 2wheelbandit's Avatar
    Bike
    Gix track hoe and Gix street bike

New Local Track

Well that was my dream which was quickly crushed. My dads wondering wat to do with the farm and property when he retires. I look outside and see a 1/4 mile drag strip, huge track and lots of fun. Than i look at all the barns and see a fabricating shop, machine shop and bike store. Plus an awesome paintball arena in the older buildings. So much stuff to do but so little money. I was serious bout the track thing but he said theres no way fisheries would let me fill in the drainage ditches. EERRRGGHHH!!! And i dunno what it would take to get permits to put a track on agriculture land. Something to keep on the backburner i guess.
    Anyone got any ideas? My dads not even allowed to clean out his ditches because there are a few minnows in there!! Apparently the tiny drainage ditches are fish habitats according to them.

It sure would be nice though!!
    Ride, eat, sleep, repeat....

R.ide I.n P.eace John & Dawson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

fek que Array
    Bike
    97 gsxr600
    i say clear it out and open a track and paintball man....DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Bike
    r6 track slut
    Pfft! There's fish everywhere dude! If they wanna save some minnows, put em in a jar before ya fill in the ditch. Go put them in a different ditch. Problem solved... build the track. Ill bring a salmon to bar-b-q.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Buy the land from your dad, and then build one.

Save water, ride oil cool Array PeteDawg's Avatar
    Bike
    Bmx-r
    hey university actually taught me something useful!!!!

i just learned about this dude. The government has created what is called Agricultural Land Reserves (ALR's) which mean the government has designated land for agricutlural use only. To get this changed, to get your land off the ALR list is a freakin hassle....you got to apply to the enviromental board and shiznat. If your land isn't on the alr list its all good but if it is you'd prolly never get the right to build on that land without goin throug this board cause the government would lose it. Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams dude but reality sucks. You can barely take a piss these days without the government havin something to say about it.
    if some is good, more is better, then too much is just enough.

I'm not Fast...your just Slow

Apotheosis
    the other thing about agricultural land reserves is, its relatively difficult to get it commercially zoned... reason is, unless your farm land is on the boundaries of a booming city, the government doesn't have any pressure to "make more space for the city"... ie, if you're in the middle of no where, chances are, nothings going to happen cause they have no incentive to change..

another point is, if you do own agricultural land which gets rezoned for commerce... you're an instant millionaire... ie aggi land is cheap... say, $5000/acre... as soon as its rezoned, u can turn around and sell it for 50k-100k+/acre... ask you can imagine, this is a source of shady deals between farmers and politicians...

Bike
    2005 FZ6
    Good luck, no municipality will let you build a track in the GVRD, and they really won't let you do it on ALR land...
    WMRC #749

THE WORLD IS GOING CRAZY
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock

Bike
    Ya my dad told me fat chance too. It just sucks, stupid government.

orangemirage
    Fuck the fisheries! Fill it with concrete and lets go racin'

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Or maybe you can start a certain Band build free homes on it and pay no taxes.Then the gov`t can pay you.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    ALR apps are a bitch. I've seen dozens come before regional district boards and members (nearly) always follow staff recommendations. Fisheries will never relent. If something is classed as a fish habitat, good freaking luck trying to get it de-classified.
    I believe DFO's definition of fish-bearing stream is "any area that has water in it at least one day a year."
    And if you've got fish in there already... no way.
    Don't wanna crush your hopes, but you'd have an easier time getting a female rabbit to mate with a bull elephant.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

I might be dangerous! Array Manic's Avatar
    Bike
    Hurricane
    It's all a matter of how secluded this place is.

Does DFO know that you have fish in there now? If not, I say fill the ditches quick before they find out 'cause once they do you won't be able to do dick with those ditches.

I wonder if anyone would notice if you started to build a track. Sure once it was done they'd notice with all the noise. But when they do, maybe you can just say that it is just your driveway... a very long and twisty driveway and you have a lot of friends visiting all the time

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    If your serious about it, build it on land that you dont have to fight over...come inland a bit..like right beside Kamloops would be great, we have land all over, or try Merrit, or some where, just build a track!

Bike
    I like your idea manic! And yes they do know. And the worst part about it is the only reason they do have some tiny fish in there is because of the city. The serpentine river runs on the border of our property and is where the ditches get pumped into. Because of the city's building all around us it has increased all the water that runs onto our property and has caused the serpentine to overflow in places which is how the fish got there.