Happy Festivus

Thread: Happy Festivus

Suzuki SV650

Happy Festivus

Festivus is celebrated each year on December 23. Its slogan is "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

Festivus is a nondenominational holiday popularized by Seinfeld, a popular American television sitcom

of the 1990s. It was featured on episode number 166 of the show, entitled The Strike, which first aired on 18 December 1997. Many fans of Seinfeld now celebrate the fictional holiday in real life.

The character Frank Costanza (played by Jerry Stiller) created it as an alternative holiday in response to the commercialization of Christmas. He explained its origins during the episode to the character Cosmo Kramer (played by Michael Richards), as seen in the following dialogue:

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
    Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?
    Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born . . . a Festivus for the rest of us!
    Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some doll.
    Frank Costanza: She was!

at a critical lean angle
    2006 K1200S
    and Christmas' Santa Claus is a fiction conjured up by the marketing department of the Coca Cola Company, way back in the early twentieth century

Surrey, B.C.
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    Merry Christmas for all the right reasons.
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinned View Post
    Merry Christmas for all the right reasons.
    Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!!

... and regarding Festivus we certainly had the "airing of grievances" on Friday where I work
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...