Wheres the ultimate place to live...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres the ultimate place to live...

Registered User Array Dawson165's Avatar
    2003 honda rc51

Wheres the ultimate place to live...

Just talking bout maybe moving somewhere with the family, mostly bc, but then I started thinking, theres a whole new world (insert Aladdin song) out there. Chatting with the brother in law and he sais Uruguay is a nice place. Any of you have any interesting places that you would consider moving to? Most important to me is, a) warmth, b) safe (i dont wish to see my family chopped up in front of me for my flat screen and wrist watch) etc etc. Don't really care about having to walk everywhere, ocean front is nice. Don't wish to be around deadly shit either, like weird snakes and crocs that will kill you in your sleep, so Aussie is out of the question...English? Sure, but we can learn other languages. Political unrest, is on my no list as well. Friendly people, community oriented. Ability to work is a bonus, im a chef and wife is a doctor. Post your thoughts!!

Not too sure about the political / social issues however, Australia's north coast looks pretty appealing to me
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    sunny surrey
    a few pretties
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

British Columbia
    I have been to Italy and spain quite a few times and have many friends there and i can say with quite a bit of certainty that 1. they are absolutely beautiful place to go to 2. Amazing people there..... 3. But in this economic climate stay away especially if you plan on living and working there.
    BUT if you still want to go, go to Malaga in spain.... You wouldn't ever want to come back

Taking all your requirements into consideration....... if you can withstand hot temperature i'd suggest Dubai. A lot of opportunities for work with high pay, very high standard of living and quite a beautiful and safe place. Been there and its amazing.... Buy or rent yourself a beach front villa and you'll be living the dream. There's very little of the middle east drama there and a lot of expats to keep you good company and gas is practically free so buy yourself a nice gas guzzler and enjoy being a boss.
    Last edited by BROSKI; 12-23-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Filthy basement in New West
    IRSU magnet
    There's a few places in the Caribbean that I quite liked. About the only downside was hurricane season in Sept / Oct.
    No trees were harmed to display the above message ..... however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Bad Motherfucker Array thebronze's Avatar
    On Yer Wife/GF/Mom
    Rocky Mountain, 1986 Livingroom (Aspencade)
    I'd move to Jamaica in a heartbeat
    Anything You Can Do...... I Can Do Drunker
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dying...... And dying to Me don't sound like all that much fun"

Green Dolphin St.
    According to the license plates (and more recently those T.V. ads), B.C. is the best place on earth.
    Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of country air ....
    Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware .. !!

HRC RS250R / Aprillia RSZ /GSXR K5 K1 /HUSKY 450 TC
    Spain forsure

Richmond, BC
    2015 FZ07
    You're already in the best place.
    A close second would be New Zealand. We lived there for 5 years and it's got just about everything you'd be looking for. Just stay away from Auckland.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    According to the license plates (and more recently those T.V. ads), B.C. is the best place on earth.
    ... and Richmond is the best place to live in BC.... followed closely by Osoyoos ..
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

oldskool suzuki rules Array maggotbreath's Avatar
    237 HP 86GSXR11 Turbo Streetfighter, 84 GS1150EFE, 73GT750 in pieces. XN85, GS250, GS450, BSA500X2, BSA650, XT350
    East Side rd just south of Penticton for the win!

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    All the foreign countries are wonderful places to visit. But at my "advanced" age I also want more. For less.

I'm thinking I'm gonna stick with Nova Scotia. Inexpensive housing, 4 seasons, great roads, a modern society and a decent medical system.
    The difference between you and me .........

Down here
    It's great to dream. Exotic locations, sunny all year. When I think about where I want to be in 15 yrs, I'm thinking right here. The only drawback to southwest BC is the winters, but it's a leisurely 3 day drive to the warmth of the desert. Southern Europe does sound appealing, but the shit storm that's about to hit that whole region will make ALL services needed for a pensioner a crumbling mess. That said, you really want to think about which country you settle in, especially regarding currency value comparisons. As an example, I know a guy who retired here 8 yrs ago from England, with his nice UK pound based pension, at the time about $2.10/cdn$. Well, now the pound is but $1.65,,,and his UK pension cheque is much smaller in cdn$ value. Retiring to Brazil with it's society reaching 1st world status, and it's accompanied currency strength,,could mean a much reduced Cdn pension cheque/cheques. This should be an integral deciding factor in retiring to another country, as should the possibility of buying into that country's medical system. Costa Rica as an example, allows retiring 'ex-pat's' to move with landed immigrant status, and gives them the opportunity to buy into full medical services coverage for about $40-70/month. I like the idea of being able to actually drive back to Canada rather than get on a plane,,which in the future WILL be very expensive as jet fuel collects itself for a push into extreme high prices. It's really something to think about,,the medical coverage. There is a very strong reason why Cdn's living in the USA during the winter keep track of the 180 day maximum away from Canada.

Registered User Array
    You're not too far off. West Coast is one of the best places to live, come visit the islands. I met tourists from all over the globe, friends who have traveled to every corner and still say this is overall, the best place you can live. No civil unrest, good medical, overall cost of living compaird to what you get for scenery, decent year round weather and it's not crowded. Friends from europe and asia always say how compacted in everyone is, no thanks.
    Twisty coastal roads, snow capped mountians up north. Minutes from the US and the mainland, without a RICHMOND or SURREY next door.

You want safe, move to rural Saskatchewan.