Lance Armstrong to admit to doping during Oprah Winfrey interview
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong to admit to doping during Oprah Winfrey interview

Bike
    yamaha

Lance Armstrong to admit to doping during Oprah Winfrey interview

personally if this is true, ive always thought he doped while riding, after all the accusations from his fellow riders. plus how many did get caught while riding during that time

AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong plans to admit to doping throughout his career during an upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey, USA Today reported late Friday.

The interview, scheduled to be taped Monday and broadcast Thursday on the Oprah Winfrey Network, will be conducted at Armstrong's home in Austin, Texas.

Citing an anonymous source, USA Today reported that the disgraced cyclist plans to admit using performance-enhancing drugs, but likely will not get into details of the allegations outlined in a 2012 report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

That report led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life from the sport.

Armstrong representatives declined comment, including his attorney Tim Herman. The New York Times first reported last week that Armstrong was considering making a confession.

The 41-year-old Armstrong, who vehemently denied doping for years, has not spoken publicly about the USADA report that cast him as the leader of a sophisticated and brazen doping program on his U.S. Postal Service teams that included use of steroids, blood boosters and illegal blood transfusions.

Winfrey's network announced Tuesday that Armstrong agreed to a "no holds barred" interview with her.

A confession to Winfrey would come at a time when some of Armstrong's legal troubles appear to be clearing up.

Any potential perjury charges stemming from his sworn testimony denying doping in a 2005 arbitration fight with a Dallas promotions company over a contract bonus worth $7.5 million have passed the statute of limitations.

Armstrong faces a whistle-blower lawsuit filed by former teammate Floyd Landis accusing him of defrauding the U.S. Postal Service, but the U.S. Department of Justice has yet to announce if it will join the case. The British newspaper The Sunday Times is suing Armstrong to recover about $500,000 it paid him to settle a libel lawsuit.

Armstrong lost most of his personal sponsorship — worth tens of millions of dollars — after USADA issued its report and he left the board of the Livestrong cancer-fighting charity he founded in 1997. He is still said to be worth an estimated $100 million.

Livestrong might be one reason to issue an apology or make a confession. The charity supports cancer patients and still faces an image problem because of its association with its famous founder.

The New York Times reported that Armstrong may make a confession in an attempt to return to competition in elite triathlon or running events, but World Anti-Doping Code rules state his lifetime ban cannot be reduced to less than eight years. WADA and U.S. Anti-Doping officials could agree to reduce the ban further depending on what new information Armstrong provides and his level of co-operation.

Armstrong met with USADA officials recently to explore a "pathway to redemption," according to a report by "60 Minutes Sports" aired Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/L...#ixzz2HkLhV1o1

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2008 zx 14, 2008 DRZ 400S
    I don't understand the big deal. Cyclists have always used performance enhancers since the beginning of organized racing. Armstrong was stripped of all of his titles but I don't recall this happening to any other cyclists.
    Eddy Merckx is regarded as the best cyclist in history. He tested positive for performance enhacing drugs, yet his results are still in the history books. Same holds true for Alberto Contador. He lost specific titles when he was caught, but no one retroactively took away all his past results.
    I'm curious as to other team sports as well such as baseball, football, and hockey why when a player tests positive his results from his entire career aren't stripped away as well. The worst thing facing the current crop of caught baseball players is that they may not be voted in to their hall of fame.
    When was the last time an nhl player got caught breaking the rules had his name removed from the Stanley Cup?

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Blah Blah Blah, who cares. He doped, everyone knows it, what's the point other than ratings, and $$$....oh yeah, there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    this ranks up there with the nhl lockout , i don't give a shit about either
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    I just had a nice double-coiler ... not too hard, not too soft

Registered User Array swampdonkey25's Avatar
    Bike
    92 gsxr750w/ 06 honda 919
    did ya name it?

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    He named it lance and gave it a yellow wrist band

Bike
    1200 RT
    I wonder if Oprah will admit she's on steroids?

Bike
    Honda
    Does anyone cares anymore? He's just doing this because he's fading away from the spot light.

Sad thing is he truly was a good athlete.
    Last edited by BROSKI; 01-12-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Super Tenere, 2007 Gsxr 600 race
    I say legalize all performance enhancing drugs. See how far people can go!

Bike
    Honda
    ^^ Hahahaha, i'm glad you asked.

I feel its not a bad idea to let things go but knowing us humans, im sure we'll come up with the most fucked up shit (harmful shit) to give us a little more edge.

Bike
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    I don't care if he did or didn't dope. He passed the tests at the time. If he did he was ahead of the game.

I don't understand how you come back years later and say "I know we tested you after each race and determined that you didn't dope but were going to strip your titles anyway".

If he did dope, he was the best of the ones that didn't get caught.

Still an amazing athlete. I don't care what you shoot into me, I couldn't even make a practice team.
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinned View Post
    I don't care if he did or didn't dope. He passed the tests at the time. If he did he was ahead of the game.

I don't understand how you come back years later and say "I know we tested you after each race and determined that you didn't dope but were going to strip your titles anyway".

If he did dope, he was the best of the ones that didn't get caught.

Still an amazing athlete. I don't care what you shoot into me, I couldn't even make a practice team.
    +1. I agree. He wasn't doing anything the runner up wasn't and it takes tremendous discipline to get where he got.

If they did take his medals away they should also ban/fire everyone part of the incompetent system in place that failed miserably to catch all these dopers. They clearly didnt do their job but earned thousands in salaries for doing nothing.

Regardless it will be an interesting interview and if i got some free time ill tune in to watch it.
    Last edited by BROSKI; 01-13-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by BROSKI View Post
    Does anyone cares anymore? He's just doing this because he's fading away from the spot light.

Sad thing is he truly was a good athlete.
    There was a point in his career where he was definately NOT the calibre of rider who would captain tour de france teams and win so many titles.

Without it, he would have never reached the level of performance he did.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2008 zx 14, 2008 DRZ 400S
    Heath Ledger....with one of the olsen twins?
    That bodybulder looks like Lance Armstrong hahahaha