The bike is a rebuild. It has roughly 55k on it. Reason for the rebuilt status is that it was stolen and the ignition busted. It was later recovered.
The most pressing issue on the bike mechanically is (I think) a badly adjusted clutch cable. I put the new clutch cable in place last year after the old one got really stiff and started fraying: immediately afterwards the clutch started feeling like it was slipping. Not putting 2+2 together I bought a clutch rebuild kit. That was right before the season ended and I was busy, so I parked the bike and never dealt with the issue.
The clutch rebuild kit will go with the bike, but honestly thinking back on it now I feel silly because I'm sure it's just that I failed to adjust the cable properly.
Maintenance I've done on the bike:
- Replaced the ignition.
- Re-wired the tach, it seemed to have been replaced at some point and the last owner didn't wire it up properly.
- Bought and installed new windshield and mirrors.
- Pulled and cleaned the carbs.
- Had a vacuum issue diagnosed and fixed by EMS.
- Replaced temperature sensor in the thermostat housing.
- Replaced brake and clutch levers.
- Replaced and lubed clutch cable.
- Flushed coolant two or three times. Most recently, replaced with Engine Ice.
- Oil changes.
- Replaced both sprockets and chain.
Cosmetically it's nothing to write home about. It has matte black fairings that are scratched and imperfect. It's obviously been dropped many times, and is missing screws.
I bought a screw kit that I never installed: it will go with the bike as well.
The engine runs very well, and the carbs are in fantastic condition. The bike is fast as heck. New Metzler tires on it (80%+ tread remaining).
Price is firm. Currently the bike is not insured. Come take a look at it. If you want to ride it, bring $1500 cash and you will need to insure it for the day.
Goes with the bike: a jack stand (designed for dirt bikes: can be made to work for this bike but it's a bit clunky. I paid $70 for it and won't need it anymore.)
Fairing screw kit (paid around $70 + S&H)
Clutch rebuild kit (paid maybe $120 + S&H)