Fly Racing Gear

Thread: Fly Racing Gear

Registered User Array
    2005 VStrom 650

Fly Racing Gear

Newer rider looking to get some better gear. Was looking at a Fly Racing Terra Trek jacket and Butane pants online. Good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Have not seen too much of it locally. Thoughts?

Also re ordering online what are the better sites for shipping to Canada? Never done this before.

Thanks in advance....

2. Remove Advertisements

British Columbia
    Hey bro, i know about them but have never own any of their products.

They mostly specialize in off road gear and do make decent gear..... and the stuff you listed does look good.

Has CE Armor, its not leather but will do for commuting and simple cruising purposes. Imo

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX I've never worn their gear. There are so many choices out there. Revit makes some of the best gear available, imo. It's not cheap however.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    try on as many different brands as possible to find the best fit for you. Comfort is the one of the most important things next to price
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array Socialenemy69's Avatar
    DR 650
    I went down to mt Baker motorsports and tried on some of their fly pants. The two size 34 pants they had in stock had manufacturing defects. Both pairs of pants had pockets that were pretty much sewn shut and useless lol. What are the odds that you could be shipped a faulty pair of pants???

Also ordered an Icon Hooligan jacket from Bayside, took it home to find out that their was a rip on the inside and the back foam protector was missing. Emailed them and they ordered me a new jacket and made a hassle free exchange.

From now on I have learned my lesson to inspect everything before I buy.

Instead of the fly terra trek, I would highly recommend a Tourmaster Epic jacket. Same price range. Great jacket.
    Last edited by Socialenemy69; 02-19-2013 at 01:03 AM.

2005 CBR 600RR
    FLy has always been a super cheap brand it's competition for MSR gear . If you can afford it go KLiM .