Elena Myers

Thread: Elena Myers

Let the good times roll Array Good Karma's Avatar
    GSXR 1000

Elena Myers

Just announced that she will be racing a Triumph 675 at Daytona this year along with Jason DiSalvo and Canadian Kenny Riedmann

2. Remove Advertisements

2010 Versys
    Looking forward to this race. Always entertaining.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

2012 CB1000RA
    and it'll be shown on Speed TV, altho delayed a day. scheduled for Sun Mar 17 at 2:30pm ET, actually runs Sat Mar 16 at 1pm.

btw, did anyone else look up the AMA site, to discover that a gorgeous-looking young lady called Sandra Stamova will be racing... in the Harley Series?

anyway, who writes the promo crap? here's what AMA has to say about Ms. Stamova:

"British Superbike sensation and one of the top professional motorcycle racers in the world, will bring her talent over to the United States and compete in GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing’s Vance & Hines Harley Davidson Series at Daytona International Speedway on March 15, 2013. The British Superbike superstar will make her U.S. debut on the Rossmeyer’s Daytona Racing Harley-Davidson XR1200 and race with Triple Crown/RMR. In recent years, Stammova has ridden a Kawasaki ZX-10R in the very competitive British Superbike Championship."

but if you check a little deeper, you find that in 2011/12 she ran in the 1000 Superstock class, and (as one comment had it) "Sandra is having lots of fun I'm sure and its likely many of the tracks are new to her but she's a back marker in the class and a long way off the pace".

Elena Meyers has a much more impressive CV than that, and it's great to see competitive female riders, but AMA's desperate attempt to broaden racing appeal amongst female fans and to drag more male fans out with the lure of 'sex' dishonours everyone concerned, not least the women 'used'.

Totally bogus!
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650

AMA Pro Racing Supersport has finished it's Daytona 200... with 2 women finishing in the top 10 (9th and 10th).

Stay tuned for other spoilers today in sports such as Nascar, Bowling, Darts and Snooker.
    Last edited by bandito; 03-17-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    No no not snooker spoilers...
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Kits Beach
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Race just started on 55. I don't care about spoiler. Nice and relaxed in my man cave.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.