Another Newbie in the Motorcycle scene

Thread: Another Newbie in the Motorcycle scene

Registered User Array
    Bike
    na

Cool Another Newbie in the Motorcycle scene

Hi Guys,

My name is Michael, I just recently got my 6L and going for my MST soon to be able to get my own bike and ride without someone watching me (which I feel useless really but whatever)

I used to ride back inn my home country, from Honda Steed (something like the Marauder) to my latest 2005 Honda CBR600RR before I move here.

Planning to get my riding gear but it seems to buy riding gear form here (Canada in general) seems stupidly insane, Found myself grabbing the gear from the States, way cheaper and more options to choose from.

Planning to get myself a 250r or something as I didn't ride for the last 4 years to take it easy on myself till I get my full memory in handling a bigger bike then I'm swapping.

I have a question, Can I insure a motorcycle for one day as we do in Cars if I'm buying one that's not registered nor insured to be able to ride it back home or i have to sign for an insurance for a certain period of time?!

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    You can buy a day permit
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    na
    Thanks silverD

I have another question tho as I'm getting my Jacket y this or next week.. I'm torn between Cortech FSX Series II jacket and the Seed and Strength Twist of fate 2.0.. Both of them come in grey color which I want actually both are textile but the Cortech is waterproof.

Any Suggestions or reviews for any of the above jackets?

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Thanks silverD

I have another question tho as I'm getting my Jacket y this or next week.. I'm torn between Cortech FSX Series II jacket and the Seed and Strength Twist of fate 2.0.. Both of them come in grey color which I want actually both are textile but the Cortech is waterproof.

Any Suggestions or reviews for any of the above jackets?
    But what fits you, and appears to be better made, and offers best protection.

I'm assuming you've not tried either on, and are looking online, as Cortech is a
    very US brand, not seen around here often.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Formerly kanelupis Array CanaganD's Avatar
    Bike
    K1300R
    Welcome and ride safe

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    Welcome to BCSB!

I prefer to try my gear on before buying. Trying to ride in something you're not comfortable in sucks.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    +1 to buying gear down south. the deals are too hard to ignore. Once you are comfortable with a few brands and their sizing charts. Ordering online is easy.

Ride safe, come out to as many of the local track days as you can, and stay away from the Sea 2 Sky highway!