F-35's are crap ??

Thread: F-35's are crap ??

Bike
    2006 K1200S

F-35's are crap ??

So apparently the F-35 has been found to leave lots wanting, as design/manufacturing flaws have rendered it problematic in a number of fields. And apparently the pilots jockeying them around the skies don't really like them either (poor rear-ward viz renders them dangerous in air-to-air combat).

I could cut and paste the article into this thread, but then I wouldn't hear the end of it ... so fuggitaboutit.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Fonz Be With You Array njoytheride's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 Yamaha R6 / 2007 Yamaha FZ6
    So you just leave us hanging with a quick teaser? ...
    "Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window."

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    I could cut and paste the article into this thread, but then I wouldn't hear the end of it ... so fuggitaboutit.
    (|-- Stands And Applauds --[)
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    So apparently the F-35 has been found to leave lots wanting, as design/manufacturing flaws have rendered it problematic in a number of fields And apparently the pilots jockeying them around the skies don't really like them either poor rear-ward viz renders them dangerous in air-to-air combat.
    Close up, VFR dogfights? Well if it was on the Internet AND in the movies, its gotta be true!

The difference between you and me .........

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    I did say apparently, but you'd think CBC NEWS is fairly reputable info, no:

An evaluation in criticizes the visibility in the cockpit of the multi-role fighter, and contains blunt comments from test pilots that suggest the shortcomings could get planes shot down in combat. The design prevents pilots from looking behind them.

"The head rest is too large and will impede aft [rear] visibility and survivability during surface and air engagements," one test pilot was quoted as saying in the U.S. Defence Department's directorate of operational test and evaluation report. A second pilot reportedly said visibility is crucial and any disruption "will get the pilot gunned" down in dogfights

and

Pilots have also cited concerns about the sophisticated helmet that's supposed to display data, saying there are flickering and non-existent readings.

Vocal critics, such as aviation expert Winslow Wheeler, say the F-35 is not ready for combat training, let alone combat.

Both the New Democrat and Liberal defence critics say the stealth fighter should be dropped from consideration
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    this is trivial. pilots cant even fly them without being poisoned (hence the program being grounded)

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    this is trivial. pilots cant even fly them without being poisoned (hence the program being grounded)
    You are thinking of the "Raptor Cough" of the F-22 fighter. Different plane.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    doh. you're right.

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    i'm on my third one already , hopefully the have sorted out all the bugs
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Pose 'til you Puke! Array PoserX's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i
    Not crap. Just unproven. Just like buying a first run Panigale. Those that did got burned. We should just order a squadron a Superhornets (newer version of what we already have) and
    call'er good. If it turns out we need the F-35 to protect the Northern oil fields we can buy a few Beta or Charlie versions.

B.