BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

BC Supermoto 2013 Race Round #1 April 6-7

12K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  slowzuki 
#1 · (Edited)
April 6 Saturday Practice 5-8pm
April 7 Sunday race day 8-4pm

Our First race weekend is right around the corner, I hope everyone is well prepared for an amazing season of supermoto racing.

Practice day set up will start around 1pm, if you can help please do as our first race day track layout is ALWAY a major task.

Saturday we will have a riders meeting just before 5pm, bikes will be allowed on the track at 5. Depending on the turn out we will have a slow and a fast group, possibly a kids group.

Camping will be allowed Saturday night with a 20$/per group charge to help us pay for the overnight security bill.

Sunday sign up will start at 8am, I will post all the paper work online here for you to print at home and fill out, this will save time race day morning. Riders meeting will be at 9AM, attendance is mandatory if you wish to race that day. Tech inspection will need to be done prior to the riders meeting so please get there as early as possible.

Qualifiers will start at 10, lunch will be around 12:30, finals will start around 1.

If the turn out is good we will do a 2013 family photo during lunch time so be prepared for that.

All of our fees are the same as last year. We accept cash and cheque only.

practice is 40$
membership is 60$/single - 80$/family - 20$/one day
PNWMA is 30$/single - 40$/family - 15$/one day
Race classes are 60$/40$/20$/10$ - kids mini moto - 20$

We also would appreciate some help with clean up so if you can stick around Sunday please do, many hands make light work and there is nothing worse than looking out on a field of cones and hay bales after a race day and everyone is gone already :)

Hope to see everyone there!

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Well the Coles notes. I got to experience all varieties of track conditions... Dry, intermediate, wet, stupid wet, hail, then wet again.

I had so much fun. Went down for the first time in five years.

Crash analysis: it was fucking hailing and everyone else hit the pits. Tucked the front right before the apex of a hairpin.

Literally zero damage that wasn't there prior.

Lesson, when those more experienced then you pit, follow them!!!

It was a great experience, unfortunately, due to the weather, the track was so inconsistent that it was hard to really work on things lap after lap. But I was feeling more confident and I can't wait to get out there again. Reason to hit the gym in the next two months and I see a 2014 race season in my future.

Seriously, it was that great.

Thanks to foxgurl for getting me out there and Malamakigo for his help with the bike. (Crew chief)

#16 ·
Well the Coles notes. I got to experience all varieties of track conditions... Dry, intermediate, wet, stupid wet, hail, then wet again.
It is a good thing you brought your (or your girlfriend's) rubber boots. The reason I presume they may not be your boots is because I saw your socks ;) Good meeting you, I saw some good pics on that photographer's website. I did not make it out dirt biking today, up way too late last night. I'll shoot you an email when I head out again. Cheers, S.

#15 ·
Sorry Stinky...our first track set up is always a shit show...no matter how hard we try. Thanks for coming out, I hope you had a good time.[/QUOTE]

You have nothing to be sorry about. I hope the dirt section is open for the race, I had a fantastic time. I will be back. Thanks again. Cheers, S.

#18 ·
Thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend. Ernie, Sara, Jane and Jim you guys rock! It was so great to have all the help during clean up as well!!!! It was total shitty weather but we made the best of what we had. I hope everyone got enough seat time, looking forward to doing it all again June 1-2.

#20 ·
Very cool, arghh i need to stop checking this forum, it makes me angry, stupid me sold my race bike, stupid me sold my race bike, stupid me sold my race bike to make wife happy, i mean stupid me sold my race bike... Looks like everyone had a blast good job and nice vids

#24 ·
It was raining cats and dogs…3erd full season in and my throttle control might be improving. I raced in summer slicks in the rain and stayed up. For those of you who don’t know me-- anyone who has ridden with me or watched me ride in the last 20 years knows that 3 short years ago my throttle control was an on/off switch.

Nuff said

LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.