Tiered Licensing on the other side of the pond.

Thread: Tiered Licensing on the other side of the pond.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    CBR125R, Bandit 1250S

Tiered Licensing on the other side of the pond.

I would rather have the AM Licence start at 15 instead of 16.

I would up the 125cc limit to 150cc but keep the 15 bhp limiit for the A1 Licence.

I would increased the 47 bhp limit to a even 50 bhp for the A2 Licence.

Since old farts are also hurting and killing themselves, I would take out the Direct Access option for the A Licence, regardless of age.

Name:  Tiered Licensing.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  104.6 KB

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Is this what you want to see in BC/Canada?
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    CBR125R, Bandit 1250S
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBird View Post
    Is this what you want to see in BC/Canada?
    BC. This would give teenagers the option to start early but on low powered bikes. 50 bhp is plenty to start with for adults of any age.
    Last edited by TechyIam; 03-19-2013 at 12:55 AM.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    what the fuck is the point if they can still allow DRIVERS with N and L stickers to be behind the wheel of 300-700HP cars?

fuck this.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    2009 buell xb12Ss
    this should be some kind of requirement for All new drivers for ANY vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    what the fuck is the point if they can still allow DRIVERS with N and L stickers to be behind the wheel of 300-700HP cars?

fuck this.
    The cost of living has now gotten so bad that my wife is having sex with me because she can't afford batteries!

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650

fuck this.
    he's correct
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by way View Post
    this should be some kind of requirement for All new drivers for ANY vehicle
    It should be...

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Gotta start somewhere folks.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650

fuck this.
    There are great arguments against that silly drum you are beating... but I'm not wasting time typing out the obvious.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    01 CBR600 F4i
    I strongly disagree with their system as, this discriminates against age but more importantly, personal freedom in general. If a young person can not be bothered to do their research, take the proper safety courses, go through a reasonable stage of motorcycles ie: not deciding their first bike is a litre or larger, and/or can't respect their machines power..well it's their potential demise, so be it.

We don't need a damn Nanny State dictating us on what we can or can't ride, that and a little population control can't hurt haha.
    ​"All great art is made of suffering, as are we"

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    I strongly disagree with their system as, this discriminates against age but more importantly, personal freedom in general. If a young person can not be bothered to do their research, take the proper safety courses, go through a reasonable stage of motorcycles ie: not deciding their first bike is a litre or larger, and/or can't respect their machines power..well it's their potential demise, so be it.

We don't need a damn Nanny State dictating us on what we can or can't ride, that and a little population control can't hurt haha.

Unfortunately, as we in Vancouver in recent decades have seen, that 'population control' becomes the demise of women with baby-carriages and old people (innocent pedestrians) ... to which we get the knee-jerk 'over forty' impound laws.

Proper education and training, and a diminution of this culture's sense of entitlement and vociferous egos ... would go far.

But then, this whole culture is built up on ego, and a sense of entitlement ... so for the time being, expect a further reduction of freedom, and greater taxations and costs. It's pretty straight forward math (and logic), really.

(que a warm and fuzzy/feel good rebuttal from Elevation)
    Last edited by K-rod; 03-19-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    There are great arguments against that silly drum you are beating... but I'm not wasting time typing out the obvious.
    Please do. Explain to me why we need to restrict powrr and size for new riders to keep them safe but not for new drivers to keep everyone else safe.

Must be something there and hopefully mot fueled by keystone.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Registered User Array
    Bike
    ---
    And what if the person is overweight?