BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Ridiculous accident on lonsdale

9K views 75 replies 42 participants last post by  gwilo 
#1 ·
So I'm heading up lonsdale in my truck on my way to go 4x4 (I'm still not riding yet) and I drive past this..
The driver of the bike was standing in front of the bike so I'm assuming he wasn't hurt thankfully...Anyway be safe out there.

See less See more
#15 ·
So thats what a single sided swingarm stand looks like. Ducati always does thinks different. Meh, looks overengineered and heavy

#16 ·
You often need to stop for many reasons, some of which don't stick around for the post accident photos. These stops can occur anywhere. Which is why tailgating leads to so many accidents.

If you need to stop on a roadway, and get rear ended, you are not at fault. "need".

#50 ·
Here here bud! 80% of ppl in this stupid city drive WAY to close. Even cars on cars, let alone tailgating a guy on a bike. I've had people an inch from my ass as I'm doing 60 in a 50 with the other lane wide open for them to pass. These assholes are just looking for confrontation. But even then. Chill the fack out. In the city, you ain't going anywhere. Duck and weave to get ahead of 2 cars or even beat a light and I'll see you at the next one as I calmly glide doing 30. I really wish RCMP would go out of their way to promote an anti-tailgating initiative. It would drop the stress level of everyone for sure.

We've got enough to worry about on bikes.

#19 ·
More likely a rider like me that stops for pedestrians because it is a dangerous place for pedestrians but some typical cager honking down a steep slope oblivious to anything but what is floating around their peabrain. Go park nearby and watch! I'm surprised there isn't a fatality there weekly, cager caused!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.