Same as it ever was
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Same as it ever was

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap

Same as it ever was

had to chuckle to myself... went for a little spin through the north shore this morning. people were speeding exactly where they always speed. the cops were sitting where they always sit, catching the people speeding where they always speed. same scene heading east and west ... was laughable. same shit, different year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    i like it. it usually means they're busy when i come by

Registered User Array MrDsylexia's Avatar
    Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    Saw far too many cruisers and several supersports overtaking on double yellows and even through some blind turns today...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    sv
    yeah I dont think the impound laws are helping much. I was on the highway going a fair bit over the limit but not impound speeds and cars were buzzing by me like I wasn't even moving. Had a Diavel fly by me weaving in and out of traffic on the S2S on both the way there and the way back. Some people just don't care or have way too much money for their own, and everybody else's good.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDsylexia View Post
    Saw far too many cruisers and several supersports overtaking on double yellows and even through some blind turns today...
    You haven't lived until you've done a blind curve, double yellow pass at highly illegal speeds... and just managed to survive by slicing in between the two vehicles at the last second... nearly causing a multi vehicle pile up... and pissing off both motorists so badly that they have the cops looking for you.

Not that I would know.

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    You haven't lived until you've done a blind curve, double yellow pass at highly illegal speeds... and just managed to survive by slicing in between the two vehicles at the last second... nearly causing a multi vehicle pile up... and pissing off both motorists so badly that they have the cops looking for you.

Not that I would know.
    I've done a lot of stupid things in thrift years of riding. But I've managed to avoid being that stupid.
    The difference between you and me .........

Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    You get bonus points for no shirt, a beanie with a DOT sticker glued to it with melted cheese, baggy shorts and designer flip flops while pulling that stunt on a 1199 while on a test ride right?

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
    West van PD was really cracking down.Cop pulled over all bikes passing by for license checks. A black Lexus was being impounded at the time also. Wonder how many bikes got impounded.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    If you have ever passed on a double solid you are either an idiot, asshat, asshole, mindless cunt, are tired of this life, are a professional b train driver, or have your n.

There may be others that do this, but these are the only ones I have driven on the shoulder to avoid.

Resident Contrarian Array PoCoRider's Avatar
    Bike
    09 ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Selihm View Post
    West van PD was really cracking down.Cop pulled over all bikes passing by for license checks. A black Lexus was being impounded at the time also. Wonder how many bikes got impounded.
    I really don't understand the Sea to Impound love. It's a great way to risk an impound for no reason, considering everyone drives 30+ over most of the way - especially the minivans with kids in them.

Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    Quote Originally Posted by PoCoRider View Post
    I really don't understand the Sea to Impound love. It's a great way to risk an impound for no reason, considering everyone drives 30+ over most of the way - especially the minivans with kids in them.
    Agreed. I did it once by car, once by bike. Neither time did I find it overly enjoyable. I kept an average 15-20km/h over the entire time, in the right lane and had people flying by me at the first opportunity.

Maybe some love it for the thrill of the potential for an impound or the thrill of going 180km/h up to squambucks, but I can't see the love either.

Bike
    Two years ago,
    I organized a Speed limit ride from Langley to Squamish.
    Yep..80 k all the way and the full 60 in the speed zones.
    Got passed by everyone, even what appeared to be a 90 year old man.
    It was very hard to maintain speed limit without going over.
    It was an experience...to be repeated one of these days
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 03-31-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    -
    Other drivers seem get aggressive when you're crusing along just 10k over the limit... I dunno if that's right.

Bike
    FS: 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 - 24,000 KM
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin.cheng View Post
    Other drivers seem get aggressive when you're crusing along just 10k over the limit... I dunno if that's right.
    It don't matter how fast you're going. If someone is coming up behind you, move over. That's what is right.

Bike
    89 GPZ1000 RX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    It was an experience...to be repeated one of these days
    Count me in if ya do it. I might enjoy the s2s more this way