Well folks here we go
The 4Th ANNUAL HELLS GATE CANDY RUN
7 am meet time and leave for 8 -8:15 am ,
Barnes Harley Davidson Parking lot is the meeting place www.barneshd.com
8859 201 Street
Langley, BC V2Y0C8, Canada.
Parking when you get there .( cmon laugh at my pic ) There will be fast , med , slow please park in the area you will be comfortable riding
This Ride is Purely for the sake of riding and getting Candy
The ride goes from Barnes HD then to Hope BC for gas and coffee to warm up and follows up the canyon to http://www.hellsgateairtram.com/ where the ride stops . please plan your day to do the duffy or aspen grove or where ever and have fun .
This year we will be doing a few things differently.
#1 . there will be a waiver this year ( please watch for sign up locations)
#2 there will be 3 groups fast med and slow each group will have captain and sweep (please pm me if you are interested in this position)
. I think this will be the best year yet and attendance should be nothing short of amazing .
I will need a general head count as Barnes Harley Davidson is Buying coffee and doughnuts.
the meeting place is the same as last year in Barnes Harley Davidson parking lot with assigned , Fast , Medium,and Slow parking befor the ride so please be aware of the parking as this will be important as we all leave on the ride.
The waiver will be posted in a few days with a sign up sheet at the ride meet and at several locations we hope throughout the lower mainland .
Please stay tuned as updates appear . the event is on facebook as well just type the following
As A Side Note we will have a second meet location for riders in the valley to meet at the Whatcom exit . ( thats where the fun park is ) I will be messaging a friend that will be heading up that meet location to join the group right after the fast group passes
4TH ANNUAL HELLS GATE CANDY RUN
if you have any questions please pm me or Dirty t here on the forum
This ride is a ride for the enjoyment of riding and getting candy ( at the fudge factory down the tram at Hells Gate)
The real story for this ride begins with my childhood , my Mom taught me that if you are going to do something do it right and if you want something there should always be quality in what you get/buy.
I do not buy regular candy from a regular store , i enjoy getting fresh candy and fudge . I as well as my wife am kind of particular about that and when ever we go we always bring back enough to share with family and friends that were unable to make the ride.
Growing up as a child in Alberta we always stopped by Hells Gate to get some fresh candy on the way through the canyon to visit family . So there you have it i share this ride with so many of you because it makes me happy to share my childhood memories that you are all now making your own memories from . My Mom passed away three years ago so this is my memory lane that i build on with old and new friends
Candy Run Waiver
i will have a sign up sheet at Barnes HD in Langley or you can copy.and print to bring with you . As well we have https://www.hearsmartsolutions.com/ going to be at the meet point and will be doing a draw for a free set of fitted ear protection..
Hells Gate Candy Run Waiver Form
RIDERS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration for the opportunity for event participation at the Hells Gate Candy Run I hereby understand and agree to this Release of Liability, Waiver of Legal Rights and Assumption of Risk and to the terms hereof as follows:
1. I acknowledge that Motor sports is an action sport and recreational activity involving travel in three dimensions and that such activity is subject to mishap and even injury to or the death of participants. I understand I may suffer broken bones, internal injuries, paralysis, or fatal injury, as well as the loss of or damage to personal property while participating in Motor sports.
2. I hereby RELEASE AND DISCHARGE all related parties, sponsors, hosts, event volunteers, company offices, directors, elected Officials, agents, employees, and owners of equipment and the land used for motor sports activities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, claims, demands or causes of action that I or my representatives may hereafter have for injuries, loss of life, and all other forms of damages arising out of my participation in Motor sports activities, including, but not limited to, losses CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES
3. I understand and acknowledge that motor sports riding and racing activities have inherent dangers that no amount of care, caution, instruction, or expertise can eliminate and I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OR OTHER FORMS OF DAMAGES SUSTAINED WHILE PARTICIPATING IN MOTOR SPORTS ACTIVITIES WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES
4. I further agree that I WILL NOT SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE A CLAIM against the Released Parties for damages or other losses sustained as a result of my participation in activities.
5. I also agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS from all claims, judgments, and costs, including attorney’s fees, incurred in connection with any action brought against them, jointly or severally, as a result of my participation in activities.
6. I will take full responsibility for, and hold harmless Released Parties for any injury, property damage, or death that I may suffer or inflict upon others or their property as a result of my engaging in activities.
7. I agree that I will operate the said equipment in a reasonable and safe manner so as not to endanger the lives of persons or property of any individual
8. I have read and understand the above and acknowledge that the same constitutes a release of liability and a waiver of my legal rights and also acknowledgement of the assumption of liability by me of all risks arising out of my engaging in activities.
9. I further represent that this Release of Liability, Waiver of Legal Rights and Assumption of Risk shall continue in full force and effect for so long as I engage in Hells Gate Candy Run activities, which are in any way connected to or with the Released Parties.
10. I further represent that I am at least 18 years of age, or that as the parent or (adult) legal guardian. I waive and release any and all legal rights that may accrue tome, to my minor child, or to the minor child for whom I am (adult) legal guardian, as the result of any injury or damage that my minor child, the minor child for whom I am (adult) legal guardian, or I may suffer while engaging in activities.
11. I hereby expressly recognize that this Release of Liability, Waiver of Legal Rights and Assumption of Risks is a contract pursuant to which I have released any and all claims against the Released Parties resulting from participation in activities including any claims related to the negligence of the Released Parties by any of the undersigned.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT.
This the day ____of:__________ 20__
Signature of Adult Participant:____________________
Name of Adult Participant (Please Print):______________________