Opitma Battery Charger

Thread: Opitma Battery Charger

Bad Motherfucker Array thebronze's Avatar
    On Yer Wife/GF/Mom
    Rocky Mountain, 1986 Livingroom (Aspencade)

Opitma Battery Charger

Anyone know anyone who has one?? I have an Optima Red Top that has been discharged.... The only way to bring it back is with the Optima Charger.... I don't have the $199 to buy one right now.... Plus I don't know if it can be brought back

Anything You Can Do...... I Can Do Drunker
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dying...... And dying to Me don't sound like all that much fun"

2003 fz-1
    You-Tube is your friend, hook a fully charged battery in parrallel and the battery charger to charge both batteries and it's going to take a while.
    What you are We once were---What we are You will be, Voices of the dead.

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    white privelege
    RC51 & Blackbird
    take it to the interstate battery centre in van and they may charge it up for you.

*** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    its fast....
    only leaver the full charged battery hooked up so the first one will start to charge.
    Then take the charged battery off. Or you will over charge the already charged battery.

'89 CB-1, '64 CT200, '08 CBR125R, '82 XR100, +5 project bikes...
    CTek chargers have a mode specifically for Optima batteries (and can be found for much less than $200 if you search around for sales etc.)

I have one and I'd be happy to charge your battery for you - I live in Vancouver near Main and 20th.

WMRC #858 Formula Classic + PCMRC #58 F. SuperSport; Intermediate
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011
    R.I.P. Joey Dunlop February 25, 1952 - July 2, 2000

A fully charged Optima will likely not come back to life. Try the above tricks, but those batteries build up so much internal resistance when discharged that it is rare for them to work again.

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    2014 Honda CB500X
    I have a C-tek. can charge it for you too. Or you can can buy one for around $50 I think at lordco or canadian tire. best charger, I leave mine all the time when its parked at home. battery never dies.