Motorcycle Harassment Month has begun
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Harassment Month has begun

Fookin Prawn Array

Motorcycle Harassment Month has begun

Just a reminder to all that it's random pull over bend over and get your bike checked over month. Don't be surprised when you get handed a vehicle inspection for those 'sick' flush mount turn signals and rear hugger plate mount.

Licenses are also checked during May, so if you're a learner make sure you are following your restrictions properly.

Glad I'm gonna be away for most of it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    n/a
    Actually 28% of motorcyclists pulled over do not have the proper license. That becomes
    the big problem.

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    Licence, check, tiny led turn signal, no thanks, bent hidden plate, not a chance. I was stopped twice in the last 12 years for a licence check. First time, "Hey, those guys were going much faster than me! Response, "Don't worry it's just a licence check." Then, "You're pretty old to be riding such a fast bike." Answer, "Is there an age limit?" No, then goodby.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCOM View Post
    Actually 28% of motorcyclists pulled over do not have the proper license. That becomes
    the big problem.
    I always wondered if that was all bikes types or if a certain type of bike/biker was over represented in this category.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by miraclejoe View Post
    I always wondered if that was all bikes types or if a certain type of bike/biker was over represented in this category.
    Oh, I'd love to have a look at those records, if there are such things,,,,

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    I do provincial inspections if anyone gets dinged

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    is it actually legal to pull you over to see if u have the proper endorsement on your license ? would the information for the principal operator not be available to the police when they run your license plate ?
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    is it actually legal to pull you over to see if u have the proper endorsement on your license ? would the information for the principal operator not be available to the police when they run your license plate ?
    1) The principal operator is not always the operator of the vehicle.

2) Peace Officers can stop any motor vehicle for the sole purpose of checking for a valid license and insurance.
    The difference between you and me .........

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    personally i never ran into problems but i have to agree the only way to know it's a motorcycle 'awareness' month is by the sight of bikes being pulled over. how about nice campaign ads on tv, radio on road signs etc?
    don't click here

countdown to next crash.. Array Islesfan91's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 ninja 650
    was stopped at a roadblock last year for a license check, officer apologized for stopping me, but said almost half the motorcyclists they stop aren't licensed so they have to do it. Chatted about bikes with him for about 10 minutes or so, was a good experience.
    First bike:2011 Ninja 650r orange/black - crashed June 19/2012
    Second bike: 2012 Ninja 650 black - not yet crashed

Registered User Array woodman967's Avatar
    Bike
    It's SUPER
    Hey Frosty - saw a nice Panni at a 2fast trackday at the ridge Apr 26...was it you?

Check out Jason Tenaka online - panni was in group 100
    "When all is said and done, more got said than done"

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear View Post
    I do provincial inspections if anyone gets dinged
    I'm going to assume right now,,,,that you will NOT be offering a "blind eye" in your inspections to things like undermounted license plates, exhaust that can be heard for a 1/4 mile, non DOT turnsignals, non DOT headlights, etc,,,,,,

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...
    Anytime I have ever ridden a sport bike anywhere near downtown (which is rare) I get the courtesy check. The best part is after you prove you have a license and insurance is the slow walk around the bike trying to find something they can hassle you about. Keeps me from riding there which is proably the whole point.
    Mach tuck?!

Fookin Prawn Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    1) The principal operator is not always the operator of the vehicle.

2) Peace Officers can stop any motor vehicle for the sole purpose of checking for a valid license and insurance.
    Wasn't this the whole confuffle in Ontario recently where a judge said that wasn't a valid reason?

I'm also curious to know when it's car harassment month. Amazing you never hear about people being "randomly" pulled over and time wasted for a license check in their Corolla while they were driving the speed limit.

Bike
    RC
    Last time I got pulled for a check there were 4 cars and one motorcycle. I got to the check last and I left first. Didn't look like the cars would be going anywhere.

I guess if there weren't so many clueless jackass motorcycle riders exercising their "right" to do as the please us non-jackass riders wouldn't get jerked around.